Healer

Cycle 4387 Notes:

Despite looking for a cure from the Green Steves, I've been unable to slow down this sickness.  Thankfully, it hasn't occurred yet in the loops, which means the timeline is still stable.  Still, if I can find something to calm the effects, it would make things a lot easier.  I don't want Hypno on my back.  The effects I've noticed so far are:

- Dizziness

- Nausea

- Headaches

- Exhaustion

- Aching

- Fainting

Usually, they feel better after I faint for a few hours.  It's not even as serious as some of the sicknesses in my old world.  Chances are, I've just been picking up some viruses from the steve world for some reason.  At least, I hope so.  My body should be able to build up some antibodies to stop them, if that's the case.  Things will be fine.  I hope.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Hypno!  Hypno!  Guess what?"  I finally looked up from Sabre's bed, startled by Amber's sudden appearance.  The young steve was looking excited, as always, sparkling with pale orange lightning.  It seemed like the trip outside had cheered him up a little.

"What's up?"  I asked, hoping he could distract me for a second.  I had gone home to take care of myself, as Lime had asked, but my mind was still clouded with worry.

"I found a new steve!"  Amber crowed.  "And he's awesome!  Come on, come upstairs, you've got to meet him!"  I raised my eyebrow, slowly getting up from the bedside.  My joints ached in protest as I stood up, frowning at the pain.  That was kind of annoying.

"Just for a while, okay?"  I told Amber, casting another look at Sabre.  He was still sleeping like the dead.  Maybe if he had been smart enough to tell me about this sickness earlier, he could have met the new steve too.

I followed Amber upstairs, ignoring the small part of me that wanted to stay crouched beside my oldest friend's bed.  I needed to stretch my legs anyway.

"So who is this new steve?"  I asked as we climbed.  "How did you find him?  And why are you bright green?"  I had noticed the new camouflage shirt, green shoes, and bright green dye all over his skin and hair.  If he wasn't so bouncy, I might not have recognized him.

"I went to the Green Village!"  Amber announced.  "I was super sneaky, which is why I'm perfectly disguised!"  He spun around to make his point, nearly tripping down the stairs as he did so.  "And one of the Green Steves was talking about a stranger with two colors!"

"Why did you want to go to the Green Village?"  I asked, confused.  I had long suspected that Lime wanted to visit the place, but never Amber.  What did he want with the Green Steves?

"To find a cure for Masterpiece, obviously."  Amber scoffed.  "Can you believe the Green Steves don't sell medicine?"

"Amber, Green Steve powers don't work on the Judge."  I explained, exasperated.  If they did, I wouldn't be so worried about him all the time.  "He's a non-steve, remember?"

"But that's so dumb!"  Amber whined, finally up the staircase.  "Anyway, it doesn't matter because the Green Village was completely useless.  But when I went into the woods around the area, I found Turquoise!"  He gestured over to the couch, where Lime was talking animatedly with a steve I had never seen before.  The stranger's blue-green eyes met mine, and went wide with shock and curiosity.  This must be Turquoise.