Wood

Disclaimer - I do not own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson

Harry's POV

"HARRY POTTER!"

My heart sank faster than I had just dived as I saw Professor McGonagall running towards me. I got to my feet, trembling. She would surely expel me, and for what? I could just imagine the smug look on Malfoy's face as I was sent home.

"Never - in all my time at Hogwarts-" Professor McGonagall seemed almost speechless with shock, and her glasses flashed furiously. "- how dare you - might have broken your neck -"

"It wasn't his fault, Professor-"

"Be quiet, Miss Patil-"
"But Malfoy-"

"That's enough, Mr Weasley. Potter, follow me, now." My heart thundered against my chest as I followed her away from my protesting classmates. I caught sight of Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle's triumphant grins as I left, just as I had imagined them moments before. I walked numbly in Professor McGonagall's wake as she strode towards the castle. This couldn't be happening. I wanted to say something to defend myself, but my voice wouldn't seem to work. The Professor was sweeping along without even looking at me; I had to jog to keep up. I hadn't even lasted two weeks, I'd be packing my bags in ten minutes. What would the Dursleys say when I turned up on their doorstep? Up the front steps, up the marble staircase inside, and still Professor McGonagall didn't say a word to me. She wrenched open doors and marched along corridors with me following miserably beside her. Perhaps she was taking me to Dumbledore. I thought about Hagrid, expelled but allowed to stay on as gamekeeper. Maybe I could be his assistant. My stomach twisted as I visualised it, watching my friends and the others becoming wizards and witches while I stumped around the grounds, carrying Hagrid's bag. Professor McGonagall stopped outside a classroom. She opened the door and poked her head inside.

"Excuse me, Professor Flitwick, could I borrow Wood for a moment?" Panic shot up my spine: was Wood a cane she would use to beat me? Was this the sort of punishment handed out at this school? But Wood turned out to be a person, a burly fifth-year boy who came out of Flitwick's classroom looking rather confused.

"Follow me, you two," said Professor McGonagall, and we marched up the corridor, Wood looking curiously at me. "In here." Professor McGonagall pointed us into a classroom, which was empty, save for Peeves.

"Out, Peeves!" she barked. Peeves, who had been busy writing rude words on the blackboard, threw the chalk into a bin, where it clanged loudly, and swooped out of the room. McGonagall slammed the door behind him, and turned to face Oliver and I.

"Potter, this is Wood. Wood - I've found you a Seeker." Wood's expression turned from puzzlement to delight, his eyes lighting up.

"Are you serious, Professor?"

"Absolutely," Professor McGonagall replied crisply. "The boy's a natural, I've never seen anything like it. Was that your first time on a broomstick, Potter?" I nodded silently, utterly shocked and confused. I didn't have a clue what was going on, but I didn't seem to be getting expelled. The feeling started to return to my legs, and I forced myself to focus on what the Professor was saying.

"He caught that thing in his hand after a fifty-foot dive," she told Wood. "Didn't even scratch himself. Charlie Weasley couldn't have done it." I looked over to Wood, who was looking as though all his dreams had come true at once.

"Ever seen a game of Quidditch, Potter?" he asked me excitedly.

"Wood's captain of the Gryffindor team," Professor McGonagall explained.

"He's just the build for a Seeker, too," noted Wood, now walking around me, and studying me. "Light - speedy - we'll have to get him a decent broom, Professor - a Nimbus Two Thousand or a Cleansweep Seven, I'd say."

"I shall speak to Professor Dumbledore and see if we can't bend the first-year rule. Heaven knows, we need a better team than last year. Flattened in that last match by Slytherin, I couldn't look Severus Snape in the face for weeks..." Professor McGonagall peered sternly over her glasses at me.

"I want to hear that you're training hard, Potter, or I may change my mind about punishing you." I gulped and nodded. Then she suddenly smiled.

"Your father would have been proud," she said. "He was an excellent Quidditch player himself."

Hello :)

Sorry for the slow updates and the short chapter, I'm working on it. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter, and as usual, let me know what you think in the comments. 

Thank you for reading

-GazelleRLG