Um, hi

Disclaimer - I do not own Percy Jackson or Harry Potter.

Harry POV

The door of my compartment slid open and the youngest red-headed boy came in. "Anyone sitting there?" He asked, pointing to the seat next to me. "Everywhere else is full." I shook my head and the boy sat down. He glanced at me and then quickly looked out of the window, pretending that he hadn't looked. It was amusing, if not a little unnerving. I noticed that he still had that black mark on his nose.

"Hey, Ron." The twins were back. "Listen, we're going down the middle of the train- Lee Jordan's got a giant tarantula down there."

"Right," mumbled Ron.

"Harry," said the other twin, "did we introduce ourselves? Fred and George Weasley. And this is Ron, our brother. See you later, then."

"Bye," both Ron and I said. The twins slid the compartment door shut behind them.

"Are you really Harry Potter?" Ron blurted out, startling me. I nodded. "Oh- well, I thought it might be one of Fred and George's jokes. And have you really got- you know..." He trailed off, pointing to my fringe. I pulled back my fringe to show him my lighting scar. Ron stared. "So that's where You-Know-Who-?"

"Yes," I replied, "but I can't remember it."

"Nothing?" Ron asked eagerly.

"Well- I remember a lot of green light, but nothing else."

"Wow," he said. He sat and stared at me for a few moments, then, as though he had suddenly realised what he was doing, he looked quickly out of the window again.

"Are all your family wizards?" I asked curiously, trying to break the silence. I found Ron just as interesting as Ron found me.

"Er- yes, I think so," he said. "I think Mum's got a second cousin who's an accountant, but we never really talk about him."

"So you must know loads of magic already." The Weasleys were clearly one of those old wizarding families the pale boy in Diagon Alley had talked about.

"I heard you went to live with Muggles," said Ron. "What are they like?"

"Horrible- well, not all of them. My aunt and uncle and cousin are, though. Wish I'd had three wizard brothers."

"Five," said Ron, for some reason he was looking gloomy. "I'm the sixth in our family to go to Hogwarts. You could say I've got a lot to live up to. Bill and Charlie have already left- Bill was Head Boy and Charlie was captain of Quidditch. Now Percy's a Prefect. Fred and George mess around a lot, but they still get really good marks and everyone thinks they're really funny. Everyone expects me to do as well as the others, but if I do, it's no big deal, because they did it first. You never get anything new, either, with five brothers. I've got Bill's old robes, Charlie's old wand and Percy's old rat." Ron reached inside his jacket and pulled out a fat, grey rat, which was asleep. It was quite ugly, and I scrunched up my nose at it a little, so did Ron, obviously not glad to have this rat. "His name's Scabbers and he's useless, he hardly ever wakes up. Percy got an owl from my dad for being made a Prefect, but they couldn't aff- I mean, I got Scabbers instead." His ears went pink. He seemed to think he'd said too much, because he went back to staring out of the window. I didn't think there was anything wrong with not being able to afford an owl. After all, he'd never had any money in his life until a month ago, and he told Ron so, all about having to wear Dudley's old clothes and never getting proper birthday presents. Oddly enough, this seemed to cheer Ron up.

"...and until Hagrid told me, I didn't know anything about being a wizard or about my parents or Voldemort-" Ron cut me off with a gasp. "What?" I asked, confused.