Meet the Weasleys

Disclaimer- I do not own Harry Potter or Percy Jackson

Harry's POV

The crash never came. I kept running, before opening my eyes. A scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform packed with people. A sign overhead said Hogwarts Express, 11 o'clock. I looked behind me and saw a wrought-iron archway where the ticket box had been, with the words Platform Nine and Three-Quarters on it. I had done it. Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every colour wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted to each other in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks. The first few carriages were already packed with students, some hanging out of the windows to talk to their families, some fighting over seats. I pushed my trolley off down the platform in search of an empty seat. I passed a round-faced boy who was saying, "Gran, I've lost my toad again."

"Oh, Neville," he heard the old woman sigh. A boy with dreadlocks was surrounded by a small crowd.

"Give us a look, Lee, go on." The boy lifted the lid of a box in his arms and the people around him shrieked and yelled as something poked out a long, hairy leg. I pressed on through the crowd until I found an almost empty compartment near the end of the train. The only person in there was a kid about my age. He was overly skinny, with clothes a couple sizes too big, and he was really pale. It didn't help that he had dark hair, it just made him look paler. His head was tilted against the window, and he was letting out small puffs of air from his mouth, which kept gently pushing his hair away from his eyes. His steady breathing pattern, and unawareness of my entry, led me to believe he was asleep. Trying to be as quiet as possible, so as to not wake him, I put Hedwig inside first and then started to try and shove my trunk towards the train door. I tried to lift it up the stairs, but I could hardly raise one end, and dropped it on my foot. Twice.

"Want a hand?" It was one of the red-haired twins he'd followed through the ticket box.

"Yes, please," I panted.

"Oy, Fred! C'mere and help!" With the twins' help, my trunk was at last tucked away in the corner of the compartment.

"Thanks," I said, pushing some of my sweaty hair out of my face.

"What's that?" said one of the twins suddenly, pointing at Harry's lightning scar.

"Blimey," said the other twin. "Are you-?"

"He is," said the other twin. "Aren't you?" He added to me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Harry Potter," chorused the twins, in awe.

"Oh, him," I said. "I mean, yes, I am." The two boys gawped at me and I felt myself go red. Then, to my relief, a voice came floating in through the train's open door.

"Fred? George? Are you there?"

"Coming Mum." With a last look at me, the twins hopped off the train. I sat down next to the window where, half-hidden, I could watch the red-haired family on the platform and hear what they were saying. Their mother had just taken out her handkerchief. "Ron, you've got something on your nose." The youngest boy tried to jerk out of the way, but she grabbed him and began rubbing the end of his nose. It was a little amusing, but at the same time, it made me miss my mother, she had never been able to fuss over me like that...

"Mum - geroff." He said, wriggling free, and startling me out of my wistful thoughts.

"Aaah, has ickle Ronnie got somefink on his nosie?" mocked one of the twins.

"Shut up," said Ron.

"Where's Percy?" asked their mother.

"He's coming now." The oldest boy came striding into sight. He had already changed into his billowing black Hogwarts robes and I noticed a shiny silver badge on his chest with the letter P on it.

"Can't stay long, Mother," he said. "I'm up front, the Prefects have got two compartments to themselves-"

"Oh, are you a Prefect, Percy?" said one of the twins with an air of great surprise. "You should have said something, we had no idea."

"Hang on, I think I remember him saying something about it," said the other twin. "Once-"

"Or twice-"

"A minute-"

"All summer-"

"Oh, shut up," said Percy the Prefect. I could now see the jokers of the group. I tried not to laugh, they would turn round and start asking questions about me, or more likely, my scar.

"How come Percy gets new robes, anyway?" said one of the twins.

"Because he's a Prefect." said their mother fondly. "All right, dear, well, have a good term- send me an owl when you get there." She kissed Percy on the cheek and he left. Then she turned to the twins. "Now, you two - this year, you behave yourselves. If I get one more owl telling me you've- you've blown up a toilet or-"

"Blown up a toilet? We've never blown up a toilet."

"Great idea though, thanks, Mum."

"It's not funny! And look after Ron."

"Don't worry, ickle Ronniekins is safe with us."

"Shut up," said Ron again, irritated and embarrassed. He was almost as tall as the twins already and his nose was still pink where his mother had rubbed it.

"Hey, Mum, guess what? Guess who we just met on the train?"

I lent back quickly so they couldn't see me looking. It wasn't eavesdropping, not really...

"You know that black-haired boy who was near us in the station? Know who he is?"

"Who?"

"Harry Potter!" they exclaimed. I heard a little girl's voice.

"Oh, Mum, can I go on the train and see him, Mum, oh please..."

"You've already seen him, Ginny, and the poor boy isn't something you goggle at in the zoo. Is he really, Fred? How do you know?" I was glad, the little girl hadn't come to look at me, that would've been highly uncomfortable.

"Asked him. Saw his scar. It's really there- like lighting."

"Poor dear- no wonder he was alone. I wondered. He was ever so polite when he asked how to get on the platform."

"Never mind that, do you think he remembers what You-Know-Who looks like?" Their mother suddenly became very stern.

"I forbid you to ask him, Fred. No, don't you dare. As though he needs reminding of that on his first day of school."

"All right, keep your hair on." The train whistle sounded.

"Hurry up!" their mother said, and the three boys clambered onto the train. They lent out of the window for her to kiss them goodbye and their youngest sister began to cry.

"Don't worry, Ginny, we'll send you loads of owls."

"We'll send you a Hogwarts toilet seat."

"George!"

"Only joking, Mum," The train began to move and I saw the boy's mother waving and their sister, half laughing, half crying, running to keep up with the train until it gathered too much speed; then she fell back and waved. I watched the girl and her mother disappear as the train rounded the corner. Houses flashed by the window. Luckily, I didn't get travel-sick easily. I felt a great leap of excitement. It didn't know what I was going to do at Hogwarts- but it had to be better than what I was leaving behind.

Hi, so it's been a while since I last published. I hope this chapter is okay for you guys :)

I will update more often in the future. I was on holiday with no wifi, then I had load of school work on the first day back, then on my second, third and forth day of school, I was sick: so all in all, I have terrible luck. Please comment, let me know what you liked and what you didn't like. Next chapter will also be Harry POV.