19

Earlier that Day

Dave

As I was beginning to head back to work from my lunch break, BJ called me up and I sighed deeply. I just knew it couldn't be good and it's not like I could refuse at this point.

"Yo," crossing my arms as I put the phone near my ear, I had to step outside to take his call.

"Get in motherfucker," hearing his actual voice as he pulled up to the shop, I clenched my teeth before walking towards the car.

"I'm at work and you know the agreement, so don't try no funny shit." Nigga had the nerve to wanna step to me at my job was quite crazy and I wasn't having no parts of it at all.

Looking at his serious face as he sat in the back of an all black Cadillac, I could tell nothing good was coming out of this situation. He won't get away from this, I just need a plan to get away and set my family free. I need to do it quick and fast.

"You better get in here before I blow a cap in yo ass and you know I'll do it." He began to move his arm out the window revealing his gun to try and scare me. I knew of his capabilities but didn't want to risk it all. I had to obey, but surely his lick back was coming.

I began to kiss my teeth before walking around to the other side of the door and getting inside. Once I sat in the seat and turned my head to him, he motioned for the driver to ease into traffic. At this point, I was getting annoyed cause now he's playing with my money.

"What is it that you could possibly want?" I began to feel more irritated the more I sat here in this car with him.

"We got a big shipment coming in tonight and I need you to handle that for me. Once you get this job done, ya cut for good." As he lowered the gun down in his lap, he then opened it up to reveal that there were no bullets to begin with. There's no way he was serious.

Something about his statement just wasn't adding up. Why is it that all of a sudden he just wants me out the picture so sudden? Lord knows when someone says they're done with you, there's gonna end up being a catch somewhere between the lines. I just need to know what other plans he has in mind. One way or another, him and Rashad cooking up some other big plan.

"What's the catch, why now?" I needed to know more.

"You just ain't of any use to us anymore, so we jus gon let ya go. What's more to to tell?" As he was speaking, we were still driving and it seemed like he was just going into a circle just to tell me all this. I didn't want to question it too much, so I took his word and got out the car once we made it back.

"Yo, if you ever need nothing, just let me know and we gon handle it, we boys now," going to dap me up, I just nodded and kept it pushing before turning to head back inside. Something ain't right and I just need to watch my back even more.

****

Taking a deep breath, it was almost time to lock up the shop for the day and I haven't heard from Parker since she came to drop off the food and I saw the twins. I decided to pick up the phone and call, but it went straight to voicemail. That's even strange of her cause she stay having her phone charged.

"Bruh you sure you got it? We can lock up for you?" Tyson came over to me noticing I seemed a little concerned as to why my wife wasn't answering.

"Nah, I got it, ya'll go ahead." I began to notice that they were starting to leave and I didn't want to hold anyone up. I would lock up and just head home before going to deal with this shipment BJ and Rashad got me doing.

After locking up and walking towards my car, I tried calling again and still no answer. Getting even more confused, I decided to check her location and it said that she's home. If she was on the phone with someone, she'd call, so I don't know what the deal is with mamas.