12

Dave

It's been nearly two hours since we've been at the hospital and I still can't have any fucking body tell me what's wrong with MY son. I'm really trying hard to keep my cool and calm down, but I don't know what they could be doing back there to him.

Looking over at Parker her face had dried tears all over it and goosebumps rushed all over her skin. She has yet to move or even say a single word to me. If I tried to comfort her and rub her shoulder, she'd flinch away and the tears would begin crawling out of her eyes.

"Kairi, let's go to the vending machine and get you a snack," holding my hand out for my daughter, she took a hold of it and we walked towards the corner of the waiting room where there were five machines lined up.

Looking down at her, she pointed to the bottle of water that she wanted and a bag of chips, so I took out my wallet. Once I pushed the button for the water to come out, I opened it for her after I paid and it came out the machine. Getting her chips moments later, we headed back to our seats and I took Dakota out of Parker's hands as she was sucking on her fist.

"You and your sister are daddy's angels and mommy and I love you so much. We're here because of your brother and we just gotta pray he ends up strong enough to fight whatever it is going on." Kissing her forehead and looking in her glossy eyes, I saw nothing but a reflection of myself.

I just had to be strong for everyone and hope for the best cause right now I know my son is in fear right now.

"Family of Ramere Brewster?" Before I could get up, Parker rushed over to the doctor and demanded answers immediately.

"He had been dehydrated for a long period of time and if you guys didn't get him here sooner, he wouldn't have made it, but we are monitoring him and has gotten his vitals down." As the doctor continued talking, a deep sigh of relief overcame me, but I could still feel Parker being highly upset. At this rate, I don't blame her.

"When can we go see him?" steeping closer to the doctor, she wanted to gain as much information as possible, so I rested my hand on her shoulder for reassurance only for the doctor to give us more bullshit. All he said was that he'll let us know shortly.

Going back to where we were sitting, Kairi was rocking her sister to sleep and I moved over to the wider seating section where Parker laid her head on my chest. I asked if we should call anyone, but she shook her head as I rubbed her back.

****

After going back to check up on Ramere, he seemed shy and confused as to what may have been going on, but we tried our best to keep him calm and soothe. The doctors said he was free to go home, but looking at the time it was midnight and we left the house a little after ten. Rocking our son back and forth and loving onto him with kisses, Parker got to see him smile.

Gathering the rest of our belongings, we decided to head back home and we allowed for Ramere to sleep in the extra crib we had in our bedroom just to keep an eye on him. With Parker wrapped up in my arms, I felt whole. It made me reminisce on times we had.

I got Malcom and Donte up my ass so you know time will tell before they come and try to strike me with something. I just gotta be ready for war and I can't get my co-workers involved like back in New York. Slime and the rest of them were true gangstas and was ready to slang at any given moment. Now, I gotta fight on my own up here cause I can't rely on my Uncle Wayne either.

Closing my eyes, I got ready to get some shut eye and prepare for the next day.

****

Parker

As I made my way into the kitchen, I could feel Dave kiss my shoulder and neck before letting me know that he's heading out for work. I had already packed his lunch for work, but of course he was trying to stall.