15

****

After driving to the address that Rashad told me to go, it looked like an abandoned trailer park and I was highly suspicious as I waited outside, but hand my gun in my lap incase anything would go down.

I been sitting in my car for a good twenty minutes and still nothing ain't happening. Just as I was getting ready to leave, I saw a cop pull up, making me quickly put the gun in the center console. Just my damn luck.

Flashing his lights and coming over to my car, I sucked my teeth as the random car I'm driving is stuffed with weed and I could really go to jail. As two cops came out of the car, they made their way over to me and I kept it cool after rolling down the window.

"License and registration please?" Looking over at the officer, he was a white man just like the other one and I knew this couldn't be good news for me.

Grabbing it from the dashboard, I handed it to one of the officers as the other one kept looking at me dead in the face. God, please let me make it out alive.

He began to study my face as if he knew who I was, but as he clenched his jaw, I knew there would be trouble. Once the other officer came out of the car and back towards us, he told me to step out of the vehicle.

"Officer, can you tell me why I need to step out?" questioning him, I had a confused look on my face and it didn't make sense as to why he wanted me to come out of MY own car.

"You heard me, now do as I say," glancing at the other cop, he began to chuckle before I made my way out the car slowly after he gave me back my credentials.

Doing as told, I went ahead and slowly got up to go ahead and come out the car while my life was slowly on the line with one bullet. As he placed me up against the car, I turned my head to see why he pulled me over.

"What's the reason for me being-" just before he could finish that sentence, I felt my body being pushed to the ground and a body hover overtop of me.

"Don't you dare say another word!" with one officer on top of me as I laid down on my back and immediately started to pray for my life. A prayer overcame me as I feared of not seeing my wife and my children. They were the most important things to me and I needed to be by them.

Just as I thought my life could possibly be over with one trigger, I heard multiple shots come my way as my body was on the ground. Slowly moving my head and looking around, I noticed that the officers were dead on the ground and blood was splattered everywhere.

"Get yo punk ass up, before I put another bullet in you," as I made my way up off the ground, I saw Bj pointing the gun in my face.

Clenching my jaw as I made my way up off the ground, I could see that he had men unloading the drugs from out of my car to pack into an abandoned trailer.

"Ya'll was here the whole time and didn't even try to come and help MY ass out? I could've been dead-" I soon felt a punch to my jaw, but I returned the punch which turned into my ass getting jumped.

Parker

As Dave went out on the road, I now find myself giving the twins a bath and Kairi is helping me dry them down before I added powder to their skin, apply lotion, and smother them in kisses. Once I got them dressed for bed, I sat in the chair rocking Dakota as Kairi watched Ramere sleep.

"When is daddy coming back?" She looked over at me speaking quietly over a whisper to not wake up her brother.

"I don't know yet, but I'm sure he'll be back in no time, don't worry," as I continued to rock Dakota back and forth, I looked at the clock on the side to take note of the time. It was soon getting late, but I might wait a little longer before I call him.

Gazing down at Dakota, she was fast asleep in my arms and I got up to put her in her crib before Kairi and I went towards my bedroom. Turning on my TV and laying in bed, we browsed through movies to watch Big Hero 6.

"You want more covers?" Looking down at Kairi, she looked as if she was starting to get cold while rubbing her feet together. Her head turned to me slowly and she began nodding. Pulling the covers over her and holding her close, we continued watching the movie.

****

After the movie had finished, I turned my head and saw a sleeping Kairi with her legs all over the bed. Chuckling to myself, I turned over to the night lamp to realize it was way after one o'clock and Dave still wasn't home. I was starting to feel upset yet worried.

I knew that if I go digging again, it'll stir up another argument if he was cheating, but this really isn't like him. Picking up my phone, I decided to give him a call and wait for it to ring. Moments later, he picked up before ending the call.

Catching me by surprise, I thought that was odd before I noticed that our security door bell rung and it was him. Getting out of bed quietly, I wanted to make sure Kairi was still asleep before I go answer Dave at the door.

Making my way down the steps, I grabbed the door knob and unlocked it before opening the door being shocked by what I was seeing.

Dave was lying on the ground all bloody and bruised up and I couldn't believe my eyes. Helping him inside, I heard him groan in pain, but I soon looked around outside quickly to see if anyone was around before assisting to my husband.

As he laid up on the couch, I began to cry before he gently held my hand.

"Baby don't cry, this is all my fault," speaking weakly, I demanded answers not from him, but from who hurt him. What is going on and why is this happening to him.

Tears still began to shed down my face trying to process it all. I mean, what possessed someone to hurt Dave?

"S-Should I call the hospital? What's going on?" Looking down at him and examining his features, his lip was busted, he had a black eye on his left side, small cuts on his face, and on his plain white tee there were blood marks. Lifting up his shirt, I saw bruises on his ribs.

"No! Don't call anyone about this. There's something I need to tell you that I've been keeping from you for awhile now," trying to sit up on the couch, he groaned in pain before I helped him up straight.

Worry began to build up in my eyes as he began to speak, "I still got bad blood here in Florida. When I was dealing back in New York, these two guys were a part of the gang and we had beef, so they run this side of town. I've been hustling with them for awhile now over unfinished business. I know we don't need the extra money, but I just REALLY don't need you involved with these cats."

Taking in all he said, I didn't know how to control my emotions and I didn't even know what to say. Some would say that this is what I signed up for, but Dave is different. What is the unfinished business and why couldn't they deal with it before the guys left to Florida?

This was all a stressful process, but I don't know what to say. Should I be scared or mad? Is him getting beat up a warning sign and the gang will come after us again?

"I don't know what to say...Why? If they're doing this to you, this means war. I refuse to have you go through this and God knows they might hit harder next time. I'm calling Slime," as I was getting ready to get up, I grabbed my arm.

"Please Parker...I promise to change things around and we won't have to go through this again. I was NEVER out cheating or nothing like that. I love you cause you're the best thing to happen to me. I'm sorry for putting you in danger, but I promise you we will get out of this. Even if you gotta go back to New York, I want to make sure you're safe."

"No! I will not be separated from you and think about the kids! If you're going to war with them, I am too. I will ride with you until forever. Don't go into work, I will take care of it. They messed with the wrong one. I'll die for you if I have to."

I refuse to loose my husband.

Hey y'all it's been a minute but I'm back! I honestly had a lot going on in my personal life and I wanted to finish this book, so that's my plan between now and the end of fall. So, how are y'all?? Parker now knows the tea on Dave and I hope he tries to dig himself out of this mess. It's sad that Parker has to go through this. Tell me your thoughts and I will see y'all in the next chapter💕