11

It's been a few days since Parker hasn't said much to me, but if she plans o being petty like she normally does, then I'll fall back until she's ready to be herself. Today she's going in for a job interview and I have profusely told her time and time again that she's her own boss and that she don't need to go to work just cause her business is in New York.

Of course, she's hard headed and wanna do things her own way. I'm not saying that she gotta play housewife and take care of the kids, but I don't need another source of income if we doing just fine.

Here I am at work installing a new battery in a 2006 X5 BMW and getting work done. I didn't even get no good morning kiss or nothing from her, just the kids. Maybe if I buy her shit, she might forget it and move on, but Parker isn't just a REGULAR female, she gonna want me to put time and energy into shit that I shouldn't be apologizing for.

After installing the battery, I wrote up a receipt for the customer and went to go wash my hands afterwards. Thinking back to Parker, I don't want us to be the couple we used to be, so when my break comes, I'm gonna call her and have a REAL conversation with her.

As I made my way out to the front desk, I could see Donte walk through the front door and I was getting ready to ask him to leave, but something told me to hear him out and see what he has to say. Walking towards him, I folded my arms with a mean mug on my face wondering what bullshit could come out of his mouth.

"Look, I came here to just say my two cents and go. I just need to know more information as to how my brother died and I know you and him were close, so could you help me find the bastard who killed him?"

Clenching my jaw, I kept my cool after hearing the words escape from his mouth, but I needed to escape the conversation and find another way to flip the script.

"You didn't even come to his funeral, so what gives YOU the right to want to find his killer?" Turing my head to the side, I watched as he stepped to me as if he wanted to try and threaten me.

"You're not OUR blood and just because you two decided to turn to drugs, guns and rob people doesn't give you right to tell me anything about my own brother. So, will you or will you not help me?" Furrowing his brows, I smacked my lips before turning away from him.

"I think it's best if you leave, cause you about to cross a line that you know nothing about, so bounce."

"There you go. You two are just alike, running away and never wanting to give anyone a helping hand, but if it has anything to do with your lil gang, you're quick to jump. Is that the reason why you can afford this place? What did you do to even get this shop? Rob a bank? Sleep with somebody? I bet you probably abuse Parker just so she can give you-"
Just as he was getting ready to say anything else, I punched him in the face so hard that he stumbled back and almost fell.

"Don't you dare spill my wife's name out ya mouth. Now I asked you to leave and yet you continue to disrupt not only my time, but you trynna get answers from me that I know nothing about.

Now the next time you try some slick shit at me again, it won't be your face I'll be aiming for, but it's gon be a restraining order. Since you want me to be so gangsta, this yo last warning, next time you won't be so lucky."

Walking away from him, I could sense some of my co-workers staring, but i went back to my business. I won't let Donte get in the way and if he try sum again then he gon end up with blood on his hands.

Parker

"Thank you so much for taking the time out and watching the kids, Dave and i owe you one," looking up at Dave's Aunt Tammy, I felt grateful that she could watch the kids until I get finished with my interview.