𝟷𝟼. 𝙻𝙴𝙶𝙴𝙽𝙳𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝙳𝙸𝙴

I was in my room reading when my whole room started rumbling. My closet started glowing.
"Who's there?" I called out getting my bat. The closest door swung open and there he was, George Herman Ruth standing there.
"What the hell?" I asked putting my bat down.

"Don't go peeing your pants kid. Im just here to give you a hand." He told me.
"How? Wait what? But you're-."
"Dead?" He cuts me off and I nod. I sit down in my chair and he sits on my bed.
"Legends never die kid." He says sitting down.
"But you're him, you're the babe. My boyfriend's obsessed with you." I laugh a bit.
"The sultan of swat. The king of crash."
"Of crash, and a hundred other dopey names. Forget about that kid, I haven't got much time. I'm here cause I heard you're in a bit of a pickle yeah, right?" He asks.

"Major pickle."
"A baseball, with my John Hancock went over a fence and you can't get it back right?" I nodded.
"Then just hope over there and get it." He told me going towards my closet.
"But I can't. Everyone's gonna try and stop me, and the beast is gonna try and get me apparently." I say holding my knees to my chest.
"Why not?"
"According to Squints I'm gonna get eaten alive of something." I say to him.
"Well has there?"
"Well no, just a kid went missing."
"He most likely moved away." He said calmly and was about to open the closet.
"Wait. How am I going to convince everyone to let me?" I asked getting up.
"Well you just gotta do it kid. Sit down." He looks at me. I do as he says and we go back to our original sitting positions.

"Let me tell you something kid. Everyone gets one chance to do something great. Most people never take the chance cause either they're to scared or they don't recognizes it when it spits on their shoes. This is your big chance and you shouldn't let it go by." I nod along as he tells me this.
"I mean remember when you busted the guts out of that ball the other day? Someone's telling you something kid, and if I were you, I'd listen." I smile.
"Yeah but what?" I ask still kinda confused.
"You're the one they call the flame, figure it out." He takes a look at a baseball card I have.
"Henry Aaron. I don't know why but can I have this kid?" He asks me and I shrug.

"I stole it from my brother and he didn't notice so sure."
"Thanks." He says and pockets it.
"So let me get this straight, you want me to hope the fence and pickle the beast?" I say confidently. He opens the closet door.
"Think about that kid. I'll see you later." He tells me turning Black and White and closing the door. I suddenly hear a crowd cheering.
"Remember kid, there are heroes and legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die. Follow your heart kid and you'll never go wrong" I hear him say behind the door.

I wake up eyes wide with the sun shining on me. I was panting looking around my room. I look for the card and realized that it was a dream. But I also realized I had to do what he said. I got changed quickly.

It was a bit chilly plus if I was gonna die, I wanted to look nice

It was a bit chilly plus if I was gonna die, I wanted to look nice. I ran to Charlie's room and woke him up.
"Get changed and get Scotty up. We need to go to the sandlot." He looked at me confused and I threw clothes on his bed. I ran out to the Rodriguez home and knocked in Bennys window. He opened it.
"I had a dream, get dressed, head to the sandlot and wake the others." I kissed his cheek and ran to The Porters. I did the same thing for Maya and Ham and I got to the sandlot last. I grabbed my black bracelets and walked there. When I arrived everyone looked at me, nervous. I stared right at the fence.