𝟷𝟻. 𝙿𝙻𝙰𝙽 𝙵

Benny and I sat under the tree for a long time while Scotty, Bertram, and Charlie built the ramp for the machine to grab the ball. He still hand his arms around me and gave me forehead kisses for a bit as well. I fell asleep for about 25 minutes cause I didn't have to do anything plus the sun wasn't in my face.

"Guys! We're ready!" Charlie yelled to everyone. Maya was throwing a ball up and down, DeNunez , Ham, and Timmy, were having races from the house to the fence. The other boys just sat around, Squints was telling stories of the beast and his fantasy of marrying Wendy Peffercorn. At some point Maya got a camera out and took a picture of me and Benny cause we were "so cute". The call from Charlie woke me up.   Ham and Timmy were lowering it down, Scotty and Charlie were manning the controls, Squints was being lookout, the rest of us were on the ground getting ready for them to throw the ball back over the fence.

"We're gonna get it come on." Benny said hitting his glove. I shook out my hand and my glove. Squints started yelling.
"FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!"  With that Scotty flung the ball back and it was in viewing range. It was just about to come over the fence when the Beast jumped up and caught the ball in his mouth.
Bennys eyes went huge and Scotty started screaming. Everyone followed, even I did.

The beast grabbed onto the Erector Set and pulled it down. All of us on the ground ran back towards the Timmons house. Everyone crowded in a clump with me infront having my arms out having a stern look on my face. Suddenly the catapult flew up. It crashed into the ground and everyone was startled. With our heads hung low we walked out of the Timmons back gate, Scotty was going out first.
"Hey, we're gonna get that ball back-." I said before he cut me off.
"How?! It's my fault we're in this mess and I'm going to die. So please Y/n M/n Peters, tell me how we're going to get that ball back?!" He questioned but yelled at the same time.
"I'm trying to help, if we have to do it my way, then we'll do it my way." I say calmly.
"It's all gonna be the same. We get so close then we fail, AGAIN!" He yelled in my face. I stepped back.
"Scotty just calm down, we'll figure it out," I try to keep myself calm as I say it.
"No we won't! I'm going to die and all you're worried about is making out with Benny and having girl talk with my girlfriend!" He yells right in my face. I suck in my breath and shake my head as a tear falls down my face.
"And now what, you're gonna cry!" He yells again. I push him out of the way and throw my glove down, I start walking out and holding my arms. 

"What the hell was that? You are one of the people who especially know how she gets when you yell at her. She already feels like it's her fault our attempts didn't work, why did you make it worse?" Benny told Scott in anger and annoyance.
"And I don't know if you know this, but she's not worried about making out with me, she doesn't want to at the moment cause this is important to her, and she talks with Maya cause she was her first friend here-." That was the last thing I heard. I turned the corner and put in a neutral mix for my Walkman. I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Benny just please leave me alone." I say calmly and quietly.
"It's not Benny, it's your brother who your stuck with." Charlie said pausing my mix.
"Im sorry Charlie, I've been so focused with Benny and worrying about the ball, I haven't paid any attention to you. I've been a real shit bag of a sister." I say taking down my headphones as we walk.

"You haven't been a shitbag, this is the only person you've ever liked in this way. Scott shouldn't have yelled at you, he knows how you get and I'm sorry I didn't do anything."
"You have. I mean you're here walking home with your crying sister instead of telling Scotty off."
"Yeah, Benny and Maya are doing that. I think they're still gonna be together just she's trying to calm him down." I nodded. We arrived at home and both of our parents are home. We walk in and they look at us.
"Hey guys- Peanut why are you crying? Did Benny do this? I'll kill him." Dad told me giving me a hug.
"It wasn't Benny. It was Scott, he got frustrated about something. Y/n tries to help but he snapped at her multiple times and yelled at her. Maya and Benny are dealing with him right now." Charlie told our parents who came over to us.

Mom and Charlie added to the hug to where we had a big family hug.
"I'm sorry Honey, do you want me to talk to him?" Mom asked concerned.
"It's ok, I know he was frustrated and so was I just, I'm ok." I say wiping my eyes. They nod and let go slowly. Charlie hugs me which is the first time in quite a bit of time. He let go and our parents smiled.
"Dinner will be ready in 20 minutes." Mom said smiling.
"Oh will Benny be joining us tonight?" She asked smirking.

"I don't think so." I smile and shake my head. While I'm waiting for dinner I go outside and work on skateboarding tricks, just when I got called for dinner I saw everyone walking home. Tonight was a salad with a bit of tomato soup.
After dinner I was sitting in my room drawing starts on my converse listening to Tears for Fears.
I about to start painting a stary night when I heard a tap at my window. I looked over and was met with Benny smiling softly with my glove in hand.
I opened the window and smiled.
"Hi." I say softly.
"Hey. How are you feeling?" He asked hoping into my room.
"I'm fine."

"Woah tears for fears? I love them." Benny exclaimed looking at the album tape labeled "Songs from the Big Chair."
"Yeah they're my favorite." I say sitting on my desk. He closed the window and walked behind my chair.
"Is now an acceptable time for me to kiss you?" Benny asks and I nod.
And with that he spins my chair around and pulls me up to standing. He slowly places his lips onto mine and both of our lips start moving in sync. I take off his hand and drape my arms around his neck. He places a hand on my neck and another on my waist. We stood there for a bit of time kissing before I pulled away. Shout came on at that point and I laughed since it's a favorite of mine.

"Soon we don't gotta worry about this, and it'll just be us." Benny whispered in my ear.
"You'll be on the Dodgers and I'll be an author, we'll be the best there is."
He smiled. He laid down on my bed and opened his arms. I laid my head against his chest, and held one of his hands, his other hand held my waist. We stayed like that until there was a knock on my door.
"Benny? You in there?" A female voice called. It was one I didn't recognize in the slightest.
"Yeah." He called back.
"Can I come in?" The voice asked again.
He looked down at me, I nodded saying yes.
"Sure." And with that a girl who looked a lot like Benny walked in.

"Moms been looking for you dorkus. Hi I'm Vivian, Vi for short." She said leaning on my door frame.
"Hi." I say quietly as I get off of Benny.
"I told mom I was coming over here."
"Two hours ago, you know how she gets."
"I do, just I'll be home in 5." Benny told Vi as she waved goodbye and walked out.
"Well I have to go."
"I know, I'll see you tomorrow ok?"
"Yeah." He says as he takes my head and kissed my forehead. He leaves and I shut my door. I changed into black sweat pants, a maroon tshirt, and put my hair in a braid.

That night I had the craziest dream in the history of crazy dreams.