6) 𝙿𝙾𝙾𝙻 𝙶𝙸𝚁𝙻𝚂

A few days later I woke up at 8 that morning rather then the normal 7:30. I was met with a blast of heat from my window and it hurt BAD. I got changed into something that was reasonable for 97+ degrees.

 I got changed into something that was reasonable for 97+ degrees

I put my hair up into a ponytail and made that a bun. I couldn't have my hair on my neck today. I went to Charlie's room and saw he was ready too.

"This is gonna be a nightmare." I complained getting my glove.
"Benny didn't call it off so we have to play." He complained back getting his.
I got on my black high top converse and dodgers hat, when I opened the door it was as if someone put me in an oven. I looked down and we slugged to the sandlot. When we got there we saw the boys other than Squints and Yeah-Yeah. Benny was trying to get them up.

"Why are we playing today?" Ham groaned grabbing a coke.
"We play everyday unless it's raining Ham, you know this." Benny replies tossing up a ball. I see there's a cooler full of ice cold soda. I grab one and pop the lid off with my teeth. I chug half of it down and put the bottle on the back of my neck.

Not long after Yeah-Yeah and Squints came over to us. Squints had the ball and was going to sit down.
"Where you guys been? We've been waiting forever already." Benny asks the two of them.
"Ah Squints was pervin a dish." Yeah-Yeah snicked to himself.
"No I wasn't." Squints defended.
"Yeah Yeah you were! Your tongue was hanging out of your head and you was swoonin. Oh Wendy Peffercorn. Maya Porter my darling lover girls." Yeah-Yeah imitated. I laughed to myself when he told yeah yeah to "shut up" and that "he had a lot of things on his mind". Ham told him to back off his sister and she was to old for him. Ham soon turned to Benny.

"This pop ain't doin it for me Benny. I'm baking like a toasted cheeser, it's so hot out." He threw his cap down.
"It's 150 degrees out there Benny you can't play baseball!" Squints called from the bench. I hopped up into a window thing in the dugout and sat there since all the boys took the bench.
"You gotta listen to him Benny." Weeks stated before drinking some pop. Everyone agreed with him.

"Vote then. Anyone who wants to be a can't hack it, panty waist, who wears there mamas bra, raise your hand." Everyone did.
"I feel pretty offended but I digress." I raised my hand too.
"Other than Y/n." Everyone still had their hands raised.
"Fine fine fine, be like that. So what are we gonna do?" Benny asked. Yeah-Yeah started chucking and looked at all the boys. Everyone except for me, Charlie, Scotty, and Benny said "scam pool honeys!" I laughed hard.

"Not the scam honeys part, but the pool sounds great. Ham, Maya's working today right?" I asked. Ham nodded and I had a mini celebration.

"Ok fine, everyone meet at my place in an hour." Benny said annoyed. Everyone ran off except Charlie, Scotty, Benny, and I. It's normal for the four of us to walk home together. I thought I'd give Benny the benefit of the doubt.
"Hey, sorry we couldn't play baseball today.
At least you get to check out girls." I said shrugging. He looked down.