𝟻) 𝙼𝙰𝚈𝙰'𝚂 𝙰𝙳𝚅𝙸𝙲𝙴 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙽𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝙶𝙰𝙼𝙴

(TIME SKIP TO THE FOURTH OF JULY CAHSE PURE LAZINESS)
I woke up and I grabbed my Walkman out and put some new batteries in cause it was skipping a lot. I grabbed some clothes, they were a bit nicer than my Sandlot clothes for the Fourth of July tonight and went to the bathroom to shower.

 I grabbed some clothes, they were a bit nicer than my Sandlot clothes for the Fourth of July tonight and went to the bathroom to shower

I mean they weren't that nicer but it's a sweater rather than a flannel or jersey. I let my hair take its course and put my Walkman on my shorts and put a few black hair ties on my wrist. I grabbed my little butterfly necklace when I heard the doorbell. I heard it open and looked downstairs and saw Maya shaking hands with my mom. I walked down when my mom turned to me.

"You know Maya, you're more than welcome to stay for dinner." My mom said letting go of her hand.
"If I'm welcome then definitely. Thank you Mrs. Peters." Maya said and walked over to me. I waved to my mom and we went upstairs.

"You have a nice room and a great mom." She said sitting on my bed.
"Yeah she's pretty cool." I said sitting down next to her when Charlie walked in.
"I'm going to Smalls's. Who's this?" He asked semi pointing to Maya.
"I'm Maya Porter, I'm Hams sister." She smiles.
"So you're the famous Maya, Hams talked about you a few times at The Sandlot." He points out and opens his coke.

"He talks about me?" She questions.
"Yeah all the time actually. Smalls really wants to meet you, but he does for everyone. We'll see you ladies later." He leaves and I close my door.
"He's annoying. But he is right about Ham, he talks about you a lot." I walked back over and sat down.

"Never thought that actually. We don't talk that much at home, he only comes to me about girls or when he needs advice."
"Well he says you give good advice on girls all the time." She smiles to herself.
"So anything happen at the camp out?" She asks grabbing my hands. I look to the floor and start talking about what happened, how I almost 'died', the beast, Benny and I waking up together.
When I mentioned the thing with Benny her jaw dropped.

"He likes you. I've known that guy since I was 5 years old in Kindergarten. He likes you a lot. He usually never lets any girl or anything get in the way or baseball or throw him off his game." She tells me getting a hair brush. She starts to brush my hair as I sit on the floor.

"Ok yes he's nice and I like him but I met him only a few days ago. This has never happened before, I never liked boys in that way before. But he's nice, sweet, he treats me with respect. He wanted me to play baseball with him and the guys. I- ugh I don't know what to do!" I say resting my head on the side of my mattress.

Maya continues to brush my h/l h/c.
"Well like I said he's never acted like this, ever. Not even when the most popular girl in school Everly, liked him and thought he was cute. She still very much likes him and will be gunning for you in school but, if she happened to like any other guy, they would dump their girlfriend for a chance with her. She is one of those people who acts nice but is a major bitch. Used to be friends with her, if you're not in her clique then your life will be hell." She says as she stops brushing. She starts taking strands of my hair and starts braiding it.

"But you got me, she's kinda scared of me since I got out of her trap, you have Benny so she'll be ruder but I know he'll stick up for you. Last year she was being an asshole and he stepped in just because he doesn't stand for that stuff and I'm one of his best friends sister. Just trust me, he likes you and everything will be great." She finishes her sentence and finishes a braid. It's a Dutch braid with a strand out and the bottom is unbraided. She ties it and starts braiding again.

"Wow. Just wow." We keep talking just about life and our lives before each other. This may be the first time we talked and hung out but she's so easy to talk too. She's like my sister, I don't know what I was doing without her. She finishes the braids and shows me on my mirror and I'm in awe.

"How did you do this?" I asked feeling the braids.
"I get bored sometimes so I just learned." She says proudly. I hugged her and thanked her over and over. She insisted to try a makeup look on me so I said screw it and started to do it. I've never put on makeup before, I want to learn but, make up is scary. I can only do lipstick and concealer.

She sat me in my desk chair and did the look. It had red white and blue eyeshadow, black eyeliner around it with little red white and blue specs, and fake freckles that looked like my own. She showed me the mirror and I freaked out again cause I'd never be able to do this ever. Mom came in and freaked out too. She's never seen me in makeup like this before other than a bit for like a fancy fancy party. She smiled and told us that Dad was barbecuing hotdogs and hamburgers, she asked us which we wanted. I was gonna have a hamburger.

"Mrs. Peters I'm so sorry but I'm a vegetarian, I don't eat meat." She looked down and Mom walked over to her and went down to her level with her face.
"That's ok. I'm a vegetarian as well, I make these special beyond burgers if you'd like one?" She offers.
"Really? Thank you so much that'd be great!" Maya exclaimed.
Mom smiled and gave me a hug. I whispered in her ear thank you and she left.

(Time skip to after dinner)

We were enjoying our night laughing when I heard a knock on the window. I looked at Maya and she shrugged. I grabbed my bag and opened it to be met by Benny. I sighed and opened it.
"What are you doing?" I asked putting my bat down.
"Night game you wanna come?" He asks.
"I appreciate the offer but I'm hanging with Maya tonight."
"She can come too." He said and she nodded brightly.
"Get your bat, ball, and glove." He said and climbed down. I closed the window and was met with a happy Maya.
"Are you kidding me?! He came to your window to ask if you wanted to come instead of the door, that's really cute actually." She said shaking.
"It was very presumptuous of him that I wanted to play." I said as I grabbed my stuff , an extra mitt incase, and we headed downstairs. Charlie joined us and we all started running to the sandlot.

Ham grabbed a hotdog and loaded it up. Maya stole it from him as we ran and made it there. He eventually got to eat it but older sister has to tease little brother, it's science. We started to get into our places and Maya just sat on the side to watch us play. We all kept getting distracted because of the fireworks which was the whole reason we could play. I was in the outfield by the dugouts and was just watching the sky. I sat down on a patch of grass and Maya joined me. We were in awe of the light shining from above. Benny was up at bat, like usual he hit it great and ran all four bases but no one stopped him. We all were fascinated by the fireworks.

When he realized this he sat on the other side of me. He shifted his hand to mine. Maya smirked and got up to talk with Smalls since he wanted to meet her. A smile grew on my face as I remembered seeing fireworks for the first time at that first game.

"Happy 4th Benny."
"Happy 4th Y/n."

A/N: Ok 2 chapters in a day wow, so I've been on a vacation with my family but updates will be more frequent hopefully and I'll try to be faster. Ok bye!- StrangelyMax