𝟷𝟸. 𝙶𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙻 𝙶𝙾𝙽𝙴

A few days later the boys were feeling better. They swore they'd stick to bazooka forever, which I mean serves them right. The first day back for baseball, Everly and Kaitlyn showed up. That day I immediately felt bad about myself, I don't know why but I just felt weird cause I was a girl playing ball, but so was Maya, so I didn't feel as weird.
Before we went I changed into something baseball worthy.

(She only has the fit, and lighter. She has her classic hat on too and a flannel)
I got to thinking, just when I moved here I started thinking about my body and being self conscious of it. Then I feel weird about playing baseball which is my passion. What's next? I loose my love for music and reading!?! No if it comes to that I need someone to slap sense into me.

"Hey you ok? You seem uncomfortable. Did Benny do something? I'll kill him."
"No no no. It's just Everly. She made me just feel weird about baseball and not doing girly thin-." I looked over and saw her and Kaitlyn walk over to the dugout.
"Oh my god! Y/n and Maya, what are you doing here? Are you here to watch the boys play?" Everly asked in a nice mocking way.
"No actually. We play with them, we're apart of the team." I told her standing up fixing my cap.
"Oh. Well that's not what girls are supposed to do." She said again being even more judgmental.
"Well that's what we do, we like breaking the mold." Maya said giving me a high five.

"Well I think it's cool. Really cool." Kaitlyn says and smiles at us.
"Yo! Let's go guys!" Benny yelled to us. We waved bye to Kaitlyn and ran off. The twins and Scotty decided to sit out for the first few minutes since they had the worst of it. I was up at bat first. I moved my hair back and got in my stance. I glared at Kenny who got ready to pitch. The first pitch I missed.
"Look at that loser, I guess I was right." I heard Everly say. I shaked my head and got my head back. And yet again I missed.
"Come on Y/n YOU GOT THIS!!" I heard Kaitlyn yell and clap.
"Shut up, shut up, shut up." Everly said hitting her arm.

I cracked my neck, spun my bat, and got back in my stance. I looked to Benny he nodded and smiles. It made me feel powerful and ready.
I took a deep breath and Kenny threw his heater. I closed my eyes and hit it. When I opened them I saw the the outside of the ball fly off. The guts of the ball flopped onto the ground. I quickly ran around the bases cause why not. The boys, Maya, and Kaitlyn, looked at me in shock. Everly just looked disgusted.

The team and I crowded around the guts of the ball.
"How did I do that?" I asked taking off my cap, and running my fingers through my hair putting it back.
"Y/n do you realize this? Only 2-3 guys have ever done this in history. Must be an omen." Squints said fixing his glasses and pushing them up farther into his nose.
"Damn sis." Charlie said piping up crossing his arms across his chest in amusement.
"No. All it means is that we can't play anymore today, sorry guys. It's only 12 and I ruined the whole day for us." I looked down.
"No you didn't. That's the most amazing thing I ever saw." DeNunez claimed.