Chapter 14: Unspoken Connection

A shy smile appeared at the corners of Matilda's lips and she felt her own courage surge forth. She slowly opened her mouth and confessed her reciprocated feelings for Patrick.

Matilda: Since you confessed to me first, I can't hide my feelings for you either, Patrick.

Matilda: I feel exactly the same...I couldn't get you out of my head after seeing you for the first time.

Patrick: So, will you be my girlfriend? I promise I won't let you down...

Matilda: Yes, I will Patrick.

Her eyes met his, and in that instant, they both knew that their shared feelings had created a bond that was stronger than anything else. As the realization sank in, a sense of joy and relief washed over both of them. The barriers of shyness and apprehension began to crumble, replaced by the promise of a deep connection. Patrick's fingers brushed against Matilda's cheeks and his lips slowly touched hers, they shared a meaningful kiss. At Amanda's house, she was sitting in her room checking out Instagram until she suddenly got the notification from Patrick's Instagram. He posted a picture of him and Matilda kissing that had a caption that said "Going steady with you". Matilda's arch-nemesis reacted with bitterness and anger towards Matilda stealing her soccer crush.

Amanda: She thought. Going steady with that ugly tramp, huh? Not for long...

Amanda: On the inside. I'll make him ditch her and leave her ass crying like he doesn't care.

Amanda: On the inside. I need to come up with a plan to get her away from him! She doesn't deserve a touch of his fingers or lips.

She got up from her bed to head outside until her mom stopped her from the kitchen.

Amanda's mom: Amanda...Where do you think you're going?

Amanda's mom: I'm about to make dinner.

Amanda: She lied. Just checking the mailbox. It's Thursday and they usually send us a lot of packages...

Amanda: I will be back in less than 10 minutes.

She stood near the back of an alley corner where she texted Peg and Jill to come over to meet up with her in person.

Amanda: She texted. Emergency alert! We need to talk now!

She waited until they showed up. When they did, a blue Porsche car showed up and Peg happened to be the driver with Jill sitting in the passenger seat. They both got out.

Peg: What was the emergency, Amanda? Something serious I assume...

Amanda: Patrick is dating that stage 5 clinger...I saw his new post on Instagram of them kissing.

Jill: Are you talking about the nerd who suddenly got pretty?

Amanda: It doesn't matter. It doesn't count if she was ugly before her transformation.

Peg: Eww...Didn't think a popular guy like him would have such low standards for a girl.

Jill: So, what's your plan on separating them? No one would be happy for them as a couple.

Peg: I have an idea! How about we put spray tan in her sunscreen for gym class?

Amanda: That's cute, but it'll get us in trouble. Not worth losing my title as the cheer captain of the year.

Jill: Ok, what should we do?

Amanda: She smirked. My plan will be simple, but painful.

Back at Matilda's party, Patrick and Matilda were holding hands and they're about to announce their official relationship to Matilda's family.

Patrick: Mr. and Mrs. Jiang, I just confessed my feelings to Matilda.

Patrick: She and I are both going to be a couple from now on. I announced our official relationship on my Instagram.

Matilda's mom: That's wonderful news! I'm glad you both like each other.

Matilda's dad: Take care of Matilda. Please don't ever hurt her.

Patrick: I won't sir. She's precious to me.

Kyle: I'm so proud of you, bro. See, it wasn't that hard to confess.

Patrick: Glad your advice worked for me, cousin. I couldn't have done it without you encouraging me.

The following day, they had a double date at Aunt Elisa's restaurant. Patrick and Matilda were sitting together across from Kyle and Amira.

Kyle: Got any date plans for you and Matilda, Patrick? What do you have in storage for your wheelhouse?

Patrick: I'm not sure, but I'm willing to do anything my Matilda wants to do...

Patrick: Maybe spend the day at my house.

After a while, Amanda walked inside the restaurant and went to the front desk to ask Kyle's mom for her pickup order.

Amanda: Hi, I'm here to pick up my order.

Aunt Elisa: Sure! I'll go get it for you right away!

When Kyle's mom came back to the front desk with her order, Amanda scrutinized it and realized that it wasn't close to what she had ordered online.

Amanda: WTF?! This isn't what I ordered!

Amanda: I ordered orange chicken with fried rice. This is beef lo mein. Can't you tell the difference?!

Aunt Elisa: Ok. Let me have a look at your order...

Amanda rolled her eyes with dismay.

Aunt Elisa: I'm sorry...I must've gotten your order confused with someone else's.

Amanda: That's no excuse! I demand a refund!

Amanda: You're such a moron! You can't do your job right.

Amanda: You look so stupid and your menu looked confusing. You probably don't understand English!

Kyle: He heard the commotion and got up from his seat. Don't talk to my mom like that!

Kyle: She already apologized for getting your order wrong! What else do you want?

Amanda: Embarrassed, she said. Oh, I'm sorry Kyle...I had no idea she was your mom.

Kyle: That doesn't matter if you had no idea! No one gave you the right to treat others this way!

Amanda: Ok, I don't think I want a refund anymore...Again, I'm sorry.

She walked out of the restaurant swiftly.

Kyle: On the inside. I can't believe Amanda is so mean...Isaac always said she's very nice.

Kyle: On the inside. I was holding myself back from not punching her in the face...She's shown her true colors as a bitch!

Aunt Elisa was sad from how Amanda yelled at her.

Kyle: Mom, are you okay? I'm sorry for how she treated you...

Kyle: You shouldn't let her words get to you.

Aunt Elisa: It's alright, Kyle. I can take it...I've dealt with customers that are rude and inconsiderate like her.

Kyle: No, it's not alright. She's only sorry because I called her out on her rudeness.

Kyle: Good thing is she won't come around again.