Chapter 13: His Confession

At this point, Matilda was practically receiving attention from everyone. The old her who used to be ignored and demolished for her "nerdy" appearance was forgotten by most. She didn't go unnoticed either during lunch hours. Two hot guys and two girls were standing beside her while she was sitting alone in the cafeteria eating her lunch.

Girl #1: Matilda, you look so pretty and different today. That is such a nice cute shirt.

Girl #2: I love your new hairstyle. Where did you get it done?

Girl #1: Never thought you could look fresh like a blooming rose.

Girl #2: We would love for you to be friends with us. So you don't have to sit alone in the same spot.

Hot guy #1: We're also having a game tonight. You should come and watch us play on the field court.

Hot guy #2: Yeah, we'll let you know about the time you should be there.

Matilda: No thanks...Can you all please leave me alone and let me eat? I'm not interested.

Matilda: I'm not gonna fall for any more pity offers for a fake friendship. Plus, why do you think I would care?

Matilda: You never asked me to hang out when I looked "undesirable".

Girl #1: Fine! We should've known you're still a loser, Matilda...

When the two guys and girls walked away, Patrick walked to her table and asked her to come sit with him.

Patrick: Very bold of you to make them scramble. They were hella pushy weren't they?

Matilda: I didn't know them.

Patrick: How about you come sit with me? We have an extra spot reserved just for you, little genius.

Patrick: So that way no one bothers you again.

Matilda smiled. When Matilda was sitting next to Patrick and across from Kyle and Amira, she began discussing her birthday party.

Matilda: In case some of you didn't hear, today is my birthday.

Matilda: I'm throwing a party at my house in the afternoon.

Matilda: Do any of you wanna come?

Kyle: Of course we want to come, Matilda. We will be in your house on time.

Kyle: It's your birthday and we want it to make the best of your special day.

Amira: I would also buy you a present. What kind of things do you like?

Matilda: I'm not very sure. Any present would make me satisfied. I don't expect much.

Matilda: I can't wait to see all of you tonight.

Amanda was watching their entire conversation from a distance while sitting with her two minions and she looked quite mad to see Matilda having a good time with Patrick and the others.

Amanda: On the inside. Who does she think she is? Is she trying to be?

Amanda: On the inside. She's trying so hard to look "pretty" when she's in fact very ugly.

Peg: Amanda, what are you looking at?

Amanda: The nerd girl Matilda is now kissing up to Patrick's ass just because she turned gorgeous for ONE day.

Amanda: Patrick isn't meant for her. Her makeup looks unaesthetic on her. She should stop trying on new clothes if she has no taste.

Jill: She's so fake. We should make her ugly again if we have to.