235 | His Resolve

WARNING: 

The chapter contains semi-detailed physical abuse. Please be advised.

"MY NAME IS VESPER Cinna. Nice to meet you, Maximilian Leigh Sinclaire," Vesper says as he stares at Max from head to toe like he is checking him out. "You look better in person than in television. I'm a bit surprised."

     "I don't know how to feel about that," Max honestly answers, making Vesper laugh.

     "I saw what you did at the cafeteria. You got guts, and I like that. It's been a while since I've seen someone as strong-willed as you. House of Bishops have been waiting for someone like you to come by, and I'm proud to say that change might actually arrive soon thanks to you," Vesper then says, making Max furrow his eyebrows this time.

     Based on how Keigo talked about him and about how he literally defeated a brotherhood by himself, Max had an entirely different image of him in his head. He especially didn't think that the man would approach him first and even introduce himself to him.

     "What do you want?" Max asks, now looking back at Vesper with a serious expression on his face. Vesper didn't look threatened, though. He continued to smile at Max like he had this encounter planned from the very beginning.

     "You're sharp, as expected from someone who has been hanging out with Krist and Charles. But are the two still bickering with each other? I'm surprised they haven't killed each other yet," Vesper then says. And as soon as he mentioned the names of those two leaders, Max and Keigo's eyes widened in shock. Max quickly stepped away, now fully aware that the man standing in front of him was not just an ordinary white uniform. There was a reason why he was able to defeat that brotherhood by himself.

     "Who are you?" Max finally asks.

     Vesper continues to smile as he takes a step closer to the serf. They all watch him stare at the young heir for a couple of seconds, but then Vesper suddenly lifts his hand and gently reaches out for the brooches on Max's collar.

     "Looks like the kids have grown well. Grey must be proud," Vesper whispers close to Max's ear, finally making Max grab his wrist, forcing Vesper to look back at him again.

     "Who the fuck are you?" Max asks for the second time, gripping Vesper's wrist, practically telling him that he no longer wants to play nice with him. This man knew something about the brotherhoods in J.S High. Max couldn't pinpoint it yet, but Vesper could either be a great threat to him or a very useful ally.

    "Who am I?" Vesper asks back. But before he could even have the chance to answer, the church bell rings, indicating that all the white uniforms now have to head back to their respective classrooms.

    Max could only let go of Vesper's wrist while Vesper continued to smile at him, obviously very pleased with his short encounter with the young heir.

     "Looks like we'll have to continue this conversation some other time," Vesper tells Max while still looking straight at him, never breaking eye contact. Max couldn't really look away either, but thankfully, Keigo grabbed his arm and pulled him away, finally making Max snap out of it.

     "That was fucking dangerous," Keigo says, dragging Max with him while Xander runs beside them, wiping the blood off Max's mouth. "I told you he's trouble. We shouldn't get involved with him."

     "He knew Grey and the others," Max replies. "He called them...kids, like he's in a higher year from them. Keigo, what else did you find out about him other than his family?"