Mikako Kurokawa

........

Every time I come here, I play the role of their 'ideal', right? Like some shared fantasy. I'm curious what kind of fantasy Mikako would have, being a very reserved person in everything. Although, she no longer has her dark circles under her eyes and radiates almost inhuman happiness.

"Yuki-kun! Think fast!"

Within a second, Mikako pounced on him in a hug. Leaving aside the recklessness of unthinkingly jumping from the bed to where he was, she acted entirely differently.

"Kurokawa? That was very dangerous. What would happen if I had not reacted in time? You would have hurt yourself with the fall."

Mikako continued to giggle. "I was fine. I always trusted Yuki-kun to catch me. Do I get too intense again? I'm so sorry."

Yuki felt more and more lost. Where was the quiet and somewhat ill Mikako Kurokawa who lived with him inside the school? For sure, she noticed his confused expression.

"And now, what's wrong with you? I understand the process from being a ghost to a human can be difficult. Still, you don't have to feel embarrassed by physical contact after so long."

"Huh?"

"Your reintegration process into human society must continue its course. You have hope, and everything will work out. I'm sure everyone I know will accept you as friends as I did."

Suppose I understand the situation correctly in this fantasy. I must be the kind of spirit that Mikako managed to bring to the world of the living again. It fits with her talent. Even so, it gives me the chills to go deep in my mind that I was dead.

"Thank you very much, Kuro—"

"Miko-chan, we had already talked about this."

"I'm sorry, Miko-chan," Yuki corrected. "I'm extremely grateful for all your time invested in me. See that getting to this point to help a spirit as normal as me."

Mikako took a step back. Neither of us felt uncomfortable by each other's closeness. Tragically that whole atmosphere collapsed with the blow to the ribs the girl gave him.

"Ah!"

"Here we go with your self-contempt again. You are the most stubborn person I know, and see that in the family besides intelligence reigns stubbornness."

Mikako thoughtfully pointed her finger at Yuki. "You are special, Yuki-kun. You have so many qualities that it would be impossible for me to list them. Since you appeared in front of me in that mirror, you always encouraged me years ago. Even when almost nobody loved and supported me, you were there with a smile."

Mikako smiles, extending her hand. "That's why I spent these years perfecting my talent to lengthen our conversations a little more, then I wanted impossible things like knowing your smell, hugging you, playing with your hair. Yuki-kun deserves to be in this world to help others."

"Mikako..."

"So next time you dare to look down on yourself, remember you hurt me. Silly."

Yuki grabs her hand softly. "Got it. I will try to correct this habit of mine. I must avoid disappointing the fabulous person in front of me."

"Fabulous? Come on. I'm just a chatty girl."

"No, that's wrong! Miko-chan has her flaws like any person, but although your methods are somewhat peculiar, you always try to help others. I can put my body on the line so that even with few words, you can instill hope in anyone."

"Hope?"

"If you ask me, it's the most important thing, above talent. Miko-chan radiates so much hope that it makes me jealous in a way. I want to help you now that I am here."

"Hope..." Mikako repeat.

"AH, sorry, I think the situation carried me away. Should—"

Again Mikako interrupted him, this time being the one who hugged Yuki. Being taller than him, she places Yuki's head above her chest. It smelled so good that her scent made him drunk.

"Miko-chan?"

"Shh, listen to my hope. Listen as it beats firmly."

"Yes, I hear it...

"The engine that causes my hope to move with such passion is you, Yuki-kun. I always dreamed that you would listen to it. I dreamed of it since I was an insecure child with no family."

"I never imagined that it would have such an impact on you. Hehe, Miko-chan is blushing. Is cute to see that contrast of pink with your pale skin."

"Shut up. It's rude to respond that way when a girl confesses."

"Confessing? Miko-chan. Do you love me?

"Haha, I'm a disgrace for this. I betray myself. But my heart can't help it any longer. It wants to be like that with you as much as possible, share lunch at school, and talk nonsense until dawn for all eternity. I never mind having a love for a spirit. If all else failed, I would have continued with these feelings for you, only now I can feel your warmth, and it floods me with hope."

"I love you too, Miko-chan, even though you're not the best. I will give my best to make you happy.

"You're already doing it, Yuki-kun, you're already doing it." We hugged until Mikako tapped me to get my attention. It was very red, and I was looking for the words to be able to express something, although it already gave me an idea of what it would ask me.

"I must bend down a little, or you stand on your tiptoes."

Let out a little laugh at such a question. Mikako looked so cute, pouting. Yuki could only calm her in one way. He took her neck delicately, stroking her black hair with my fingers. We allowed ourselves to enter a new world together, the world of love and hope.