Prologue: A key smelling of salmon and love

Yuki Maeda was tired of investigating the entire first floor of Hope's peak academy. There were no news clues on this second day of being locked up, except to know a little about Akane Taira after saving her from an uncomfortable situation with Mitch. Everything starts to become repeated. At least he desired that some of the junk he earned in the Mono Machine with the coins would be useful to him or be a good gift for his friends. The luckster preferred to get rid of these coins with Monokuma's face as quickly as possible.

The last object stood out above the rest, a golden key in the shape of a heart.

"A key? Will it be a hint to open something?" he thinks to himself, though he didn't remember anything with a similar lock. It would be a simple useless object to raise confusing ideas. Although Yuki could not rule it out either, so better show it on the discussion table in the morning.

Greetings, students. Usually, I would give a good night announcement. Still, nevertheless, an extraordinary situation forces me to summon you all, without exception, to the gym immediately. Failure to attend will be punished with a severe penalty.

"It can't be. Now that damn bear want?" whispered Yuki, putting the key in his pockets to immediately head to the gym. The others quickly began to arrive with mixed looks of seriousness and fear.

Monokuma appeared in front of them with a mocking smile as he scratched his belly. "I'm sorry for the sudden call, but to be fair, this situation took me by surprise too, and I must let you know. I never thought that this situation would happen. What kind of luck you all have, upupupu!"

"Shut up, damn criminal," interrupted Tsurugi Kinjo, annoyed. "Tell us what you are looking for now?!"

"Simple, the killing game is canceled. No longer need to be killed to escape."

Absolute silence, it lasted for several minutes. No one gave credit for what Monokuma had just said.

"What pathetic reaction is that?! I thought you guys would jump for joy at this news. Don't tell me the idea of killing to get out of here started to like you?"

"It's not that... this is too sudden." Kanata Inori said, unsure to believe the evil bear.

"S-she's right..." Add Kakeru Yamaguchi with the same expression.

"It will be better to explain this nonsense properly!" Mekaru Rei exclaimed, not at all happy, crossing arms and looking at Monokuma suspiciously. No one could trust the bicolor bear.

"Simple, a certain student found a secret object that annulled the killing game. All should thank this student because finding it had ridiculously impossible probabilities. Of course, I will not say the student's name for protection reasons."

"Protection reasons?" asked Kinji Uehara.

"You should say the name so we can throw a party for this person once we get out of here! Satsuki will organize everything personally!"

"Oh, don't get me wrong, you still can't get out of school."

"Eh?!"

"But you said the stupid killing ended?! Why have us here then?" Kiyoka Maki points out, annoyed.

"Let me finish then, poorly behaved brats" Monokuma showed his claws before calming down and continuing. "While it is no longer a requirement to kill, and from this moment, any kind of violence to another student will be punished severely. The way to escape changes, although for the better, because you can leave school together.

"And what do we have to do?"

"Very simple, Ayame Hatano. This whole class must only be soul friends in the next few days. Can see this now as a reality show of a dating game."