Kinji Uehara

Every time I come here, I play the role of their 'ideal', right? Like some shared fantasy. As I am more curious to know Kinji's mentality, a simple question arises: Wasn't Kinji asexual? He never showed interest in those things.

"Yuki Maeda, as much as I am glad that you agree to have this talk with me after so long, I must mention my concern about the site we are going to have it."

"I know it's not the most suitable to chat with friends."

"Ignore the purpose of having the discussion here. We have already postponed the topic too long and always seek to escape it. This is the time to finish this, once and for all."

"Huh, right. What do you want to talk about?"

While Kinji's expression looked calm as usual, Yuki felt as if the subject the priest was going to play was severe enough to tense the atmosphere.

"Yuki..." He started talking, then looked at him sorrowfully. "Why are you an atheist?

"Huh? Am I an atheist?"

"Please, playing dumb won't accomplish anything. You were my first friend since we studied in my father's convent in Rome, but since you started watching those Russian series of dubious quality, you moved away from the way of the Lord to the point of denying it. You left the convent to live a life full of sin despite my attempts to reverse it."

"At least tell me you speak in religious terms, and I don't throw my life away."

"You are a good boy, Yuki. But to deny God is a terrible sin that will condemn you to the worst of hells, and no friend of mine will end up in hell if I can stop it."

In this fantasy, I become a rebel against Kinji's religion. Should I debate a little or give in immediately to convert back?

Yuki sighs. "I'm so sorry, Kinji. I understand how much religion means to you, but I hope you respect my decision to view life without divinity. Of course, I'm open to discussing it if that doesn't bother you."

"I admit that I would let you have your beliefs in normal situations. I never seek to impose God on others. However, the fact that you are my first friend worries me that the evil involved in atheism will blind you."

A drop of sweat down the back of Yuki's neck. "I think fanaticism blinds you a little bit."

Kinji closed his eyes, pressing the Bible to his chest. "At least tell me the reason because you stopped believing."

"It's hard to explain. Just stop associating the things that happened with something I can't comprehend and how some people with power can manipulate the faith of millions of people. Like everything I do, they depend on me and only on me. Of course, there are bad things that should never be done, but that also goes into people's ethics, and I think we should not wait for a hypothetical judgment after death to be good people in life."

"Ok. It's respectable. Do you know why I still believe in our Lord?"

"Why?"

"Because it keeps you and me together despite our differences of belief. Even though you lost the meaning of his love, for me, God has protected you and preserved me by your side, answered my prayers every day to protect you, to keep you healthy."

Yuki smiled. "Kinji, I don't know what to say. Thank you so much for doing that for me."

Kinji smiled back. "It's nothing. But also want this to serve to atone for all the sins you are committing in your path. I know these events have no meaning to you, but when you made your first communion, it was a key event for your connection with the Lord. Now it's my turn to cut yours with the Lord of Darkness."

"Kinji, please stop joking... Where did you get those chains?"

For every step Yuki took backward, Kinji took forwards.

"Dear Yuki, I must confess that I have also sinned. This will also serve me. We will both ask forgiveness from the Lord tonight for what we will do."

"Kinji, you're scaring me. I'm sure the Catholic Church doesn't use that tool for some purification ritual."

The wall stopped poor Yuki, who watched with fear as the Bible opened.

"Yuki Maeda, tonight you will be wiped out by the thousand lights, from the love of the earth, from my heart, and from the heavens of the divine gate, amen."

Kinji's palm stretched to Yuki's face; it was all darkness. Yikinever discovered whether this was actually to convert him back to the religion or was actually a rare form of a confession from Kinji to him. At the end of the day, he only found that behind that calm facet, there was a hidden facet with various tastes.