Chapter 8

Jere's POV

"I think this belongs to you?" I said as I slowly approached her and showed her the phone in my hand.

She had her knees up to her chest and just stared at me. I honestly felt really bad for her, it seemed like something was bothering her.

The moonlight was reflecting on her hair, it looked really beautiful. I gave her a soft smile before sitting down next to her.

"This is yours right?" I said as I showed her the phone.

"Oh uhm, yeah" She said as her eyes shifted towards the phone, I could tell she was nervous.

"T-thanks" She stuttered and looked away for a second.

She quickly wiped her eyes and looked back at me.

I could get lost in her glossy eyes for days. I felt the nerves flowing through my whole body, but that wasn't stopping me.

"How did you know this was mine?" She asked as she continued to look down.

"The background, the picture... I figured it was you" I said with a soft smile but all she did was just keep looking down.

"You okay?" I asked concerned.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine" She chuckled as she softly sniffled.

She wiped her nose and I slowly moved my body closer to her. I could feel the tension brewing between us.

"You can tell me" I reassured her, I just knew that everything was beyond fine.

"I won't tell anyone" I whispered in a playful way and that seemed to make her laugh.

"Alright well, it's really nothing but..." She began and looked back up at me.

"Before I lost my phone, it just showed all of these messages about something" She said with panic in her voice and sighed.

"Just made me freak out" She continued and looked down at the ground again.

"Want to look at them now?" I asked her and handed her the phone.

"If it's really bad, I can be your shoulder to cry on" I said playfully which made her chuckle again. God it was the cutest sound I had ever heard.

"Sure" She softly chuckled and grabbed the phone out of my hand.

Our fingers slightly touched and my heart immediately started racing. I could tell that she tensed up too.

But she quickly looked at her phone and I could see her scrolling through all of her messages.

I gave her the time to read them but she quickly closed the phone.

"Well it appears someone has filmed us" She said as she slowly looked up at me with a concerned expression on her face.

"What do you mean?" I asked her a bit confused. What could they have possibly filmed? Nobody was even around here...

"Well during the concert when, you know" She began and I could see she was struggling to keep eye contact.

I just gave her a confused look.

"When you know... you came close to me and... touched me" She whispered that last part and I couldn't help but let a small smile form on my face.

She looked away from embarrassment.

"Did you not like it?" I asked immediately feeling bad. I would never do something with bad intentions.

"Well no... I mean yeah... I uh d-did like it" She stuttered and started fiddling with her fingers.

"It's not that" She continued.