✦ sick ╔ fluff ╗

// kurapika gets sick so leorio decides help, or does he? //

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

kurapika fell onto his bed, sighing loudly as his head hit the pillow. he was sweating badly as his vision was blurry, he felt like his brain had got moved around as the dizziness didn't stop, closing his eyes hoping it'll relieve pain, he sighs in discomfort when none of his aches felt better.

he huffed out, he was usually a very stubborn man so  naturally he didn't want to ask anyone for help, especially leorio who was his husband. it's ok, it's just a fever i'm sure i'll feel better soon' he thought to himself, he thought to himself while keeping his eyes closed, sweet dripping down his face. leorio was currently busy studying, he did not want to bother him.

he was having a hard time breathing, and his body felt like it was on fire. he felt a light touch on his forehead, and he opened his eyes to see leorio standing next to him, when did he get in there? guess kurapika spaced out longer then his thought.

but now the blonde started to feel bad, keeping leorio from his work and soon enough, his job, he just didn't deserve it.

"leorio?" he mumbled softly, realizing that his husband was now  taking care of him. leorio looked at him, and his face was filled with concern. "how are you feeling, pika? you look miserable." he asked gently, and kurapika sighed and rolled his eyes.

kurapika just laid in bed still, he was wearing his usual under shirt and shorts, having barely any clothes on did help the heat a bit. "oh wow leorio i just feel amazing!" kurapika said in a sarcastic tone, now it was leorios turn to roll his eyes, "you don't need to be sarcastic with me! have you ate yet?"

kurapika hadn't ate in a long time actually and he was surprised leorio could tell, he was a doctor after all, it was his duty to make sure everyone felt happy and healthy and to detect things such as malnutrition.

"kurapika, i'm gonna go make you some food ok!" the blonde just muttered something, probably about how terrible leorio is at cooking, he did remember the time he attempted to bake cookies and it was terrible.

leorio knew he was a terrible chef but he also knew kurapika wasn't in any state to make his own food, so he decided to make some soup, it was just canned soup so it was hard to mess up, all you had to do was add water. after a little while the chicken noodle soup was done, leorio smiled proudly at his work as he went into the blondes room to feed him.

kurapika sniffed it and wrinkled his nose, but he took a sip anyway. it wasn't great, but it tasted okay. he slowly and painfully ate the soup, and he felt slightly better and relieved as he did so. leorio smiled as he watched kurapika eat.

"bleugh! that tastes... mediocre at best, definitely tastes canned," kurapika said while placing the now empty bowl on his bedside table while whipping off his mouth. the doctor couldn't help but smile, as kurapikas eyes slowly closed, "leorio, can i ask you something?"

leorio just hummed in agreement and kurapika opened his eyes to make eye contact, "can you stay in my room tonight and sleep with me?" leorio just chucked at his funny little resquest.

"of course i can sunshine, you don't need to ask i mean we're married," kurapika just looked down at his response, "i know, but i also know you've been working so much!" leorio thought back to past few days, where kurapika would find him hunched over his office desk in the study, passed out against his work.

leorio just moved a chair by kurapikas bed and sat in it, holding the blondes hand as he slowly drifted off, wanting to give him some space incase the extra body heat would make him feel worse.

leorio himself was not very happy, the chair he grabbed was stiff and he also never realized how hard kurapikas grip was, he couldn't even move his hand, well what was expected from a retired mafia leader and last remaining kurta survivor.

he got up from the chair and laid on the bed, kurapika was already fully asleep so he shouldn't mind, right? after laying down, still hand in hand with kurapika, he fell asleep quickly laying next to him, still in his famous blue suit as he drifted off to sleep.

✦•············································•✦

hours passed when leorio finally woke up, feeling the sun shining through the room, except his head felt dizzy and lightheaded, kurapika got up and yawned happily while his mind finally felt clear.

he looked down at leorio who supposedly fell asleep in the bed with him, hes still in his suit? he also looks very pale and sick, kurapika thought while looking at his husband.

leorio opened his eyes and locked his orbs with those beautiful grey orbs of his husband, "kurapika? are you feeling better?" he said in a hoarse voice.

"wow i feel great! but leorio you don't look so good," leorio just got up slowly, feeling very uncomfortable due to how sweaty he was, his suit sticking to him. damnit, of course i catch his sickness, he thinks to himself not wanting to say anything aloud incase he accidentally hurts kurapikas feelings.

leorio gets up and undresses, only leaving his red white and blue underwear on, making kurapika blush, "leorio! what is this tom foolery, put your clothes back on," leorio just laughed deviously, "nuh uh, i helped you when you were sick now it's your turn to repay the favor!"

kurapika just rolled his eyes and walked out the room, leorio starring at the closed door in disbelief, "kurapika! what do you think you're doing?" unfortunately after leorio yelled that, shocks of pain went in his head as he flopped back on the bed, swearing loudly.

he opened his eyes to see kurapika holding a bowl of soup, "of course i would leave you leorio," he rolled his and began to speak once again, "i love you."

"and i love you too!" leorio said happily as he took the bowl of soup, realizing he made the canned soup as well, "oh yeah this really is disappointing."

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

hope this was alright! silly little leorio and kurapika

<3