movies ╔ fluff ╗

// leorio and kurapika go to the movies to try and get leorio to relax //

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

"ugh dangit!" leorio was trying to do some random crossword puzzle to try and 'make his mind smarter' unfortunately he was a bit bad when it came to the puzzles, he may be a doctor but he was getting old, as killua would say. "uh leorio, what the heck are you getting so mad about!" kurapika said in a somewhat annoyed tone.

the two lived together in an apartment in york new, and the blonde sometimes just didn't understand the things leorio did. he was different living with, being in a romantic relationship, and just being with him alone.

of course they've been alone together but it was more different and domesticated like this, being in a committed relationship when they two were the way they are.

"i just want to be smarter! but then again i feel like i just need a break kurapika! the hospital has me doing to much these days, though of course it makes me happy to see other people getting well but, i just don't know" leorios words were full of tiredness, he was always overworking himself, as he felt that it was never enough.

"oh leorio you put to much stress on yourself! how about you and i go and hit the movies" kurapika smiled at leorio as he waited for the black haired man's response.

leorio pondered for a moment, "oh, alright alright! which movie do you feel like watching, my sunshine nugget!" leorio would regret asking him what movie he wanted to watch, kurapika was one for horror movies, expect the blonde just rolled his eyes at the pet name, and then grinned mischievously at being able to choose the movie. "oh leorio leorio you are in for a treat! i'll go and pick a great movie, just go and get ready" and with that kurapika just pushed him into the bathroom and leorio gulped nervously, beginning to get ready.

kurapika went into the other bathroom to change into a somewhat formal attire, but still cozy and warm, leorio on the other hand sighed, he loved his boyfriend but sometimes the scary movies would terrify him, of course a part of a healthy relationship was understating your partners interests.

it made him happy just to see kurapika happy, maybe the whole movie he could just watch his face, and with that he finished getting ready.

spiking up his hair and putting on his suit and tie, as always, he leaves the bathroom to go see how kurapika is doing.

✦•············································•✦

after that, all it took was a short drive and their they were at the movie theater entrance. "ok leorio! you ready?" kurapika smiled deviously as leorio started to sweat nervously.

they got their popcorn, nachos, and drinks and went to go sit at their seats, but leorio looked around noticing something off about this situation.

usually when they went to the movies during kurapikas movie pick, there would be adults, since the movie was usually rated mature but this time it seemed to be families and young children.

a few moments pass and the trailers for upcoming movies started to roll, but it was all trailers for kids and family movies. but then when the actual movie started, leorio was dumbfounded, a lot of shock covering his face.

the movie kurapika picked was the damn my little pony movie!

leorio looked at kurapika and smiled, letting out a sigh of relief. he was happy that the love of his life actually ended up picking a good movie for him knowing how stressed he was with work.

the movie continued, it was overall a good movie, kurapika and leorio holding eachothers hands as they smiled  during the movie. it was a good time, they had many snacks and drinks but the best part was they had time to be together alone, as they usually were with killua, gon, and even alluka at some rare times.

eventually though, the movie had ended, "wow that was a great film kurapika! i should trust you to pick out more movies in the future!" leorio said while smiling but also dreading the fact he said that, knowing kurapika may to it for granted.

the two had got home and took a quick shower before getting ready for bed, it was warm and took away so much more of leorios stress. while leorio was still in the shower, kurapika made tea for the two of them, it was relaxing to drink.

leoroo and kurapika were now in bed, sipping the tea, though leorio was becoming really tired at this, good thing though that he wasn't as worried for work, or becoming smarter, he knew if kurapika and his friends were by his side, he would be happy and content.

once done with the tea, kurapika put the cups on their bedside table, fully laying down now, they sighed happily, but leorio turned on his side to look at him and started to speak, "sunshine, i really loved the movie today."

kurapika turned on his side to look at him in the eyes, "i'm glad you liked it dear, we should go the the movies whenever you feel the need for some stress relief!" leorio was very happy at this, he loved to spend time with his boyfriend.

and with that they both fell asleep, kurapika scooting closer to him, falling asleep in his arms.

two weeks later, the time had come for another movie night, seemingly as leorio had some time off from the hospital. "oh leorio, i picked out a great movie for us this week! you're just gonna love it" kurapika let out a chuckle, leorio had been doing better lately after the previous movie time.

they made their way to the theater, except what leorio didn't know was that kurapika actually did take him to see a horror film this time.

after the movie was over, leorio was so scared he was steaming. "KURAPIKA WHY THE HELL DID YOU TAKE ME TO WATCH SAW! THAT MOVIE WAS HORRYFING!!" leorio yelled the whole way home.

but kurapika just smiled, "oh come on there was a new saw movie! i had to see what happened in saw X, and there was a cute wholesome part at the end was there not?" kurapika smiled one more, this time even happier.

"YOU MEAN- you mean when that john guy was trying to save some kid from suffocating in blood?" leorio said in a dead pan voice as kurapika laughed loudly.

and with that, leorio knew not to trust kurapikas movie picks ever again.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

hope it was good! remember if you have any recommendations for this fanfic to let me know!

<3