chapter 6

Y/n rustles through his bedsheets before sitting up with a yawn. While a familiar voice spoke in his mind.

Ddraig: Sleep well, Partner?

Y/n: Yeah. (stands up and stretches) What about you?

Ddraig: It was an acceptable rest.

Ddraig responds as Y/n finishes his stretching. Ready, he puts on his collar shirt and vest. Before making his way toward the bathroom for his morning routine.

Ddraig: So how are you going to explain that you have one of the most powerful weapons in the universe currently at disposal? Not to mention, it had a hand in killing the man upstairs just by putting me in this state.

The old dragon bragged as Y/n dried his face off with a towel.

Y/n: I don't think they need to know about the whole faction war thing. You're just a dragon stuck in a gauntlet, and that's that.

Ddraig:....At least try making it sound cool!

Ddraig mumbled as Y/n sat down on his bed to put on his shoes before hearing a knock on his door.

Avain: Young man, if you're awake? Would you like to eat some breakfast with us?

Y/n: Yeah! Much appreciated!

Avian: Excellent! Oh, and would you mind getting Peacock out of her room? She can be quite a handful at times (chuckles).

Y/n: Sure, it's the least I can do.

Avain: Good man.

The old man thanks before leaving, giving the signal to get the little troublemaker out of her room. Y/n sighes as he makes his way out of his room and through the hallway, passing by a few metallic doors that could be assumed to be different bedrooms.

Y/n: Now, where would the room of an unstable child be?

Ddraig: How about that one?

The Dragon suggests a door decorated with a bunch of police tape, stickers of old cartoons, and the words "Keep Out!!!" scribbled in the front.

Y/n: Right on the mark, Ddraig. Now, let's get this over with.

The young man said, bringing up his fist to knock before stopping midway after hearing some very strange noises coming from the inside.

Y/n weirded out, pulled back, and gently knocked on the door, causing all the noises to come to an abrupt stop before the metallic door opened up to Peacock standing there dressed.

Peacock: Oh, it's you! What ya want?

Y/n: Um...Avain told me to get you out of your room.

Peacock: Breakfast already? (Shrugs.) Why not? I mean, it'll be a good time to show me your cool gauntlet again.

Y/n: I thought you would've forgotten about that.......