chapter 1

Welcome, dear readers, to Blairwood, a nice suburban area complimented with a peaceful neighborhood. A welcoming break from all the other chaotic places of living such as Canopy Kingdom and Danten City, to name a few, but enough of that, let's see what our hero is up to.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Now set in a dark and grimy alley, we find 6 delinquents sprayed out across the area, all unconscious with bruising and bleeding evident on all of their faces.

Delinquent leader: S-Stay away from me!!!

The leader of the group grunts with fear as he tries to scramble away from the person in front of him, that being....Y/n Williams.

Delinquent leader:L-Listen man!!! We promise we'll never mess with you again!!! We were just playing honest!!!

Y/n: Tch!

Y/n only scoffed at this before slamming his foot against the delinquents face, knocking him out in an instant. Taking a breath, he looks around before making his way out from the alley, making sure to pick up his backpack along the way

Y/n: Assholes.

Y/n mutters trailing along the sidewalk as a neighbor or two greeted him with a smile. Y/n merely gave them a glance accompanied by a short wave. The teenager was in no mood to talk with anyone. Well, that was the case till he felt someone tug his sleeve. Seeing who it was his demeanor quickly changes into a warm one.

Y/n:(chuckles) Hey Erma, how was school?

Erma, Y/n's sweet and younger sister only smiles happily. Giving Y/n all he needed to know.

Y/n: Had a good time, huh? I'm glad to hear it.

Erma: (Nods with a smile)

As the two continued their walk home, Erma couldn't help but smell something metalic coming from nearby. Following the scent, she tracks it back to Y/n. Scanning him, she notices the faint red stains on his sweater.

Y/n:What are you looking at- Oh!....those.

Y/n mumbles the last bit as his sister gives him a stern look. One that looked way to reminiscent to their mother's.

Y/n:Oh, come on, don't look at me like that! They deserved it!

Erma doesn't change her expression.

Y/n: Y-Yeah, I know mom said not to get into any more fights! But they were asking for it!

Erma only solemnly sways her head at his answer. Before taking a hold of his blood-stained hand while looking up at him.

Y/n: You think I could use my fist for something else?.....Like for what?

Erma didn't say a word, and she didn't have to since Y/n always knew what she wanted to say... Why doesn't she talk? Hell, if I know.

Y/n: Use them to defend people?....Erma, I'm the last person you should be asking that....besides just because I caved that jackas- jerk's teeth in. That doesn't make me some sort of hero. I was just a guy defending his family like any other person would do. Simple as that.

(Lez: He's talking about the oni who wanted to kill Erma along with two other yokai back during the yokai realm arc btw.)

Even with Y/n's cut and dry answer Erma's determined look still doesn't falter.

Y/n:(chuckles) You think I could do it?...... You know you've been watching way too much of that Warrior Princess Unicorn show.

Erma still, with her determined look on manages to win Y/n over.

Y/n: Alright, fine-fine! I'll try!

The teenager sighs in defeat while his sister smiles happily before gaining a look of worry.