cats ╔ fluff ╗

// leorio and kurapika decide it's time to add an addition to their family //

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

leorio and kurapika had just got done having a date, it was very enjoyable as the two of them had went out to eat then went shopping, they had ate dinner at a place called 'olive garden' because kurapika just loves their mozzarella sticks, leorio realized he needed to go to a few stores.

time had passed after all the places they went too, but after walking so much they had began to get exhausted from all the hard work they did.

a little while during their walk back home from the final store they needed to go to, kurapika had noticed some rustling type movement in the bushes nearby. their eyes widened in surprise as they approached the bushes as they saw a small fluffy kitten, it's eyes were full of wondered and innocence. it's tiny fluffy body was covered in filth and grime from being on the streets.

it was a light brown color with curious little eyes, though despite that curiosity, it also looked tired and full of dirt, hopefully no fleas or sicknesses.

they approached the small little kitten with smiles on their faces, "a cat!" kurapika exclaimed, his face lighting up with joy. "look at him leorio! he's so cute!" leorio himself wasn't much of a cat person but he could resist the little fluffball. "so adorable," leorio agreed, his eyes gleaming with little sparkle in them.

after they looked at the cat for a little while, the cat stared at them back with its sleepy little eyes, "what do you think we should do?" leorio said, focusing his attention on his lover now, "should we take him in?" he added on as kurapika looked at leorio now.

kurapika nodded excitedly. "a cat! we should definitely take him in! i bet he needs a home and love," he said gladly as leorio smiled.

"but what about the kids? do you think they'll be alright with it?" leorio said remembering the lived with killua and his sister, and gon.

"oh cmon! they've been wanting a pet for a long time now," kurapika spoke in a calm but excited tone, he's never had a pet before, leorio just sighed and thought for a moment.

"yeah you're right, plus this little baby looks like he or she needs a home." leorio said in happiness, i guess he wouldn't really find having a little kitten, and he wouldn't mind seeing kurapikas smile.

kurapika smiled and knelt down in front of the kitten. "here," he said gently reaching out his hand to the kitten, "let's go home with us."

the kitten jumped happily until the blondes hand and they both walked home happily with the new member of their small family.

a few minutes later they arrived at their front door, leorio opened the door to their house, and kurapika set up a comfortable bed for the kitty in their living room while leorio went out to the store to buy some kitten foods and toys, and especially a litter box.

the kitten's eyes were still filled with wonder and innocence, he meowed softly as he explored his new surroundings. kurapika couldn't help but smile as he watched the kitten play and purr, feeling a newfound sense of joy and warmth in his heart.

it was clear that the kitten had found its forever home, and the family were excited to spend their lives together despite gon killua and alluka not meeting it yet. kurapika picked up the small kitten and gave him a few pets behind his ear, "whose a cute little kitty? you are!" he said to the little feline.

✦•············································•✦

about ten minutes later; leorio arrived back home and got the litter box situated, setting down the food and water bowl and scattered random toys throughout their house, oh what a surprise it will be when the kids get back here.

soon enough leorio and kurapika decided it was about time to give the kitten a much needed bath. they filled the sink with warm water and grabbed some kitten shampoo leorio had got from the store, he needed to make sure it was a good brand since the little kitten was outside for who knows how long.

after that they placed the kitten into the warm water, the kitten meowed softly as the water touched his fur, but he didn't seem to mind infact he seemed to enjoy the bath and it's warm comforting water.

kurapika gently scrubbed the kitten's fur with the shampoo, working to clean off the dirt and grime of the streets. the kitten seemed to enjoy the bubbles of the shampoo and the  gentle touch of his new owners.

after the kitten's bath was complete, kurapika wrapped it in a towel and dried him off.

leorio and kurapika sat on the couch drinking some tea as they watched the kitten play. "so kurapika, what should we name the kitten? we can't keep calling it kitten for the rest of our lives" leorio said with a chuckle, but then his eyes widened, "what's the cats gender anyways?"

kurapika then took a peak at the cats gender, "oh he's a boy! most definitely positive now, but we should still take him to vet for confirmation anyways, and to see that's he's healthy!" leorio nodded and looked at the little boy kitten, "so what should we name him?"

"hmm, how about we name him... potato!" leorio looked at him dumbfounded, "you wanna name him potato?" "yep!" "why?" "because he looks like a potato dummy!" kurapika smacked him across the head lightly.

"fine fine! we can name him after a vegetable." kurapika smiled and laid his head on leorios shoulder. the kitten jumped up onto the blondes lap and fall asleep quickly, purring loudly.

kurapika started to the pet potato, the kitten, while watching a movie with leorio, sighing happily.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

name credits for the kitten, thank you to mcdonald's for having delicous hash browns i love you

<3