Chapter 11, Curry And Thought

"So she made this curry?" Josh said taking a bite. "It's good." 

I took a piece of rice dipping it with potatoes before chewing. "Yep, I never had this good food since-"

"-My mom's house?" he said.

Nodding at Josh. "Ep. Not since your mom's house."

"We still don't know what the situation with Ikaros is. All of Tomo's friends except Sugata think the girl is pretty much normal, heck, I don't even think I'd call her a girl rather than a doll."

Alex nudged me from behind. "Don't be racist now bro, that's not cool."

Raising an eyebrow at him. "If you think that's racist, you're in for a ride, I got more in the chamber."

Both of them rolled their eyes at me. "Alright, team. Wrap it up."

                                                               ___________________

As everyone went to sleep I moved out in full gear following Sugata acting as his personal escort. We approached Ikarus whose wings were spread out, she stood on the bank of the river innocently looking outwards into nothing.

"What are you? Really?"
Sugata bravely spoke as I stood to his side.

Ikaros turned around.

"If you didn't hear me I'm asking what you are."

The aura around us felt tense, my heart rate sensor spiked up at the sight of her huge wings glowing under the moonlight.

"I am a Pet-Class Angeloid, Type Alpha." 

"Don't play dumb with me," Sugata spoke back as I flipped the safety of my gun. 
"Would anything that's just a pet have the need have the need to or be designed to catch a gigantic fish alive or fly mach 24 but at the same time your computational abilities that of a baby it also seems that your emotions are limited, both completely perfect and completely imperfect."
"Just what are you?"

"Answer me, why have you sought out Tomoki? There has to be a reason."

"I do not know." She finally responded. My HUD alerted me of movement in the treelines behind us, turning my head I could tell the person behind one of the trees was Tomoki.

Listening to what Ikarus said, I began to feel sorry for her. She didn't know why she's here, only that someone ordered to. It's easy to tell Ikarus cares for Tomoki only that she does not know how to show or express it. 

As Sugata walked away I approached Ikarus and turned my helmet output down low so nobody else but her can hear me.
"Listen, Ikaros. Tomoki cares for you much more than you'd think. If you ever left him I'm sure he'd be very sad."

She looked at me and nodded before I took my leave and returned to the gunship but not before glancing at Tomoki's direction.

I did you a favor.