Chapter 8, The Beach- Yeahhh

After Tomo got in trouble with some crazy perverted thing as usual, it was just another uneventful week. I was about to play some games when Tomo and the gang burst in.

"Beach trip, everyone!" yelled Sohara who sounded the most excited, odd.

I grabbed my helmet and put it on, Sohara stepped in front of me. 

"Do you guys always have to be dressed in that? C'mon! We're out to have some fun!"

I looked her in the eyes with a stare behind the visor before turning away.

Forwards to the day of the trip.

"Tomoki is loud as usual." I say with a sigh.

Nimbus Leader looks up before looking around. "That should not be a surprise to you, it's basic knowledge by now that he's a loudmouth."

Next to us Volt would pass out and crash on the table.

"We surely never get a break, do we?" I use him as reference to remark but Nimbus Leader holds his hand up, silencing me.

He looks at the table. "This is the first time before that we have been confronted by a greater threat, I suggest you all take it seriously."

"Yes, sir."

                                                           ___________________

Volt and I walk in a pair, our weapons ready in hand. The beach people don't seem to mind though, either because they know who we are already or we're too scary to look at.

"Overwatch kinda sucks." Josh says, pointing at Tomoki. "All we're seeing is him and Sohara who fucking acts so nice all of a sudden."

I hold my hand up. "Language, Josh. Our orders are clear, stop complaining."

We watch as Tomoki seemingly loses interest and goes to Ikaros to teach her how to swim.

Josh put his hand to his helmet radio, answering someone. He turns to me. "BOL."

"Incoming transmission from Eishirou Sugata," alerts my HUD.

"Yo Sugata-" I say only for him to cut me off.

"Kyle, remember when Ikaros said she's a Pet-class Angeloid?"

I pondered for a moment. "She did, yes."

"Ikaros exceeds the pressure resistance of even the world's best submarines and even your gunships. She is more than what she says she is."

We pause.

"Sugata, inform Nimbus Leader-"

"He already knows."