Chapter 5

Kokichi POV
Each time I wake up, I feel as if my disease gets worse. My body feels on fire all the time, and I'm exhausted.

3rd persons POV
Saihara visited Ouma yet again, for Saihara had a strange feeling that was kind of like protectiveness in a way. Saihara foolishly hopes that Ouma gets at least a little better.
"O-Ouma-kun?" Saihara nervously asked.
"H-h-h-huh..? Saihara-chan is that you..? W-what're y-you d-d-doing here..." Ouma questioned. Saihara was happy that Ouma was at least able to respond a little.
"Ouma-kun, how are you feeling?"
"H-Horrible, I feel as if I-I'm in an o-oven all the t-t-time... I'm exhausted..."
Saihara put another cold towel on his forehead, and settled next to him. Ouma weakly gripped his hand in response.
"A-ah, O-ouma-kun?" Saihara was shocked, but Ouma was seemingly happy due to the cold towel. It seems as if he really needed the cold. Ouma was letting out a few mumbles before a clear, "Thank you Saihara..". Saihara was a little confused when Ouma weakly gripped his hand a little tighter, as if he wanted reassurance. Saihara blushed at this action, very confused on why the antagonist would do something as lighthearted as hand holding. The detective didn't think it could have gone deeper than hand holding intention-wise. Shuichi quietly sat there holding hands with Ouma.

Shuichi POV
I...suppose this is..nice to hold hands with him.. Ouma-kun never seems to let his guard down, or let anyone see his true self, and for him to grasp at my hand out of desperation is... sweet. I hope even after the disease ends, he could..let a little more of his true self show. Ah, but this is Ouma-kun we're talking about, he'll probably pretend this never happened. Would Ouma-kun even remember holding hands with me.? I hope so..

A/N
SORRY FOR A SHORT CHAPTER!! I'm like out of ideas!! T_T
I'm also not too good at writing romance, and this is my first time so I hope you'll forgive me 🙏🙏