Chapter 5- Miss Movin' On

At breakfast the next day, Lauren was not present.

Ally and I made waffles and sandwiches for everyone but my morning wasn't complete when I didn't see Lauren in the table.

"Where's Lauren?" Mani asked me as soon as she set foot in the breakfast table.

"I don't know." I told her as I take a seat after placing the plate of sandwiches on the table. "Why are you asking me?"

"Why not? You guys had a movie last night. Was it warm under the covers?" Mani said, giving me the biggest smile. I glared at her and felt my face pathetically heat up.

"Hey will you guys stop making Camila blush that hard? It's too early for that." Dinah walked in, grabbing a sandwich. She sat next to me and I hate just how she looked at me like a mother who wanted to punish her teenage daughter. She still hates Lauren and she told me one day that she will never like her. I felt really sad when she said that but I know I can't force her to do the things she doesn't want to and maybe someday she will realize herself that Lauren's actually a nice person.

That whole day, I have never seen Lauren and I was really confused why.

"Hey Taylor," I called out from the perimeter when I saw Taylor pass by. "uhm, I was just wondering, where is Lauren?" I asked with confusion and wonder.

"Huh? You didn't meet her today?" she questioned.

"No, she's usually just around, by the beach or in the art room but I never seen her today." I told her.

"Oh maybe she went sailing with the boys. I heard them talking about going off-island." She said, gesturing to the direction of the sea.

"I see." I nodded in understanding."Thank you."

We shared a smile and continued walking down the perimeter together.

But I still haven't seen Lauren when the boys came in at about 6pm in the Potter house, animatedly sharing stories about the summer activities they did that day.

"Hey I thought Lauren was with you guys?" I asked Harry.

"Yeah" he nodded. "she just went to the main house, maybe she was looking for you."

"Alright, thanks." I nodded once and semi ran out of the door and into the main house but they said Lauren just went out.

I hate to look so desperate running around chasing Lauren.

And it seem to me she's intentionally avoiding me.

Why the hell would she do that?

I don't even know what I did wrong.

I mean, the last time we were together, she was totally sweet and now she's avoiding me. I gave up looking for her and just joined the other girls.

My friends kept goofing around and throwing lame jokes to each other.

We were in the gazebo in Potter house's garden.

They were playing 2 truths and a lie game and I wasn't even in the mood to join. I was even seated in the corner away from where they were seating.

"Ok ok here's mine," Mani said, flashing her perfect smile. "so I hate hot food, I once cracked my head open when I was little..."

"Oh hope that isn't true." Ally said sympathetically.

"That explains a lot." I commented and Mani glared at me.

"Hey stop it, you're so rude!" Ally yelled at me.