Chapter 10- Beautiful Lauren

Lauren's POV

Flashback

"Oh my God, did you guys know Lana del Rey concert tickets are out now?" One of my classmates excitedly stated.
"Really?" My other friend and I said in unison.
"Yeah my cousin told me her boyfriend just bought her two tickets." She answered. "Are you guys coming?"
"Absolutely!" I yelled at her with excessive amount of excitement in my voice.
"Good morning class!" Mr. Enriquez, the school principal walked in the room making us all ramble around finding our seats. He stood in front with his high-waist tucked in and oversized eye glasses and nerdy suspenders.
"Good morning Mr. Enriquez!"
We all answered, some were never interested including me. Everyone knew what he was here for, he's gonna introduce the new Math professor and no one from the glass was a bit interested, for anything maybe he or she is gonna be more boring than the previous loser math teacher we had.
"As you guys all know, I am here today to introduce to you your new Math teacher, I am very sure that you will love him." My friends and I looked at each other giggling and rolling our eyes. He walked to the door, telling the new one to enter the room and everyone's eyes widened in shock when a tall handsome man entered the room.
I heard the girls went crazy, murmurs from the class filled the room with complements and how cute the new teacher was.
"Oh.My.God." The two girls on my either side nearly ripped the sleeves of my shirt while yelling like they just saw their favorite member of a boyband.
"Hi I'm Mr. Ryan Anderson, your new math teacher." His smile was like that of a toothpaste commercial model and he stood like a respected man in his 30's. He has milky freckled skin. His hair was black and wavy, he has baby blue eyes, he wears glasses, and he has  pretty toned muscles. He was dressed like a desert cowboy who looked like a young man from the 1950s.

Mr. Enriquez told us to be good at him and we bid goodbyes as he walked out the door.
"Is he even sure he's in the right place? I mean damn, he looks like a super model all ready for the camera." The girl on my right commented and we giggled.
"I know. He's so fucking hot." I answered. He began to write his full name on the board and introduced himself. And the murmurs grew louder with pervert comments. "Oh my God, look at that ass."
He asked names of everyone in the room and I was so caught up with my thoughts of how his abs looked like until he caught my attention.
"How about you miss...?" He stood in front of me and I was frozen on my seat.
"L-Lauren Jauregui." I stammered a little in schock.
"How old are you?" he asked.
"I'm 16." I answered.
Wait why did he ask my age? He didn't ask that to the others.
"Do you like math?" He followed up.
"I do. Not too much good at it but I like it." I answered. He stared down at me and gave me a wide smile and it sent shivers up and down my spine. I didn't know why but it did.
He bit his bottom lip which almost gave me a heart attack, before he talked again.
"Good. That is very good." He said, pointing a finger on me and sprinted back in front.
"What the hell was that?" my seatmate asked in astonishment.
"I think he likes you." the other one on my right commented which made my face heat up.
"Shut the hell up." I whispered yelled to them to make their filthy assumptions stop.
He was talking about important stuff but his gaze was directly on me as if I was the only person in the room.
It terrified me of course, even his looks were very intimidating. So I just looked away when I can't handle his gaze and pretend I was writing something on my almost empty notebook.
-----

It's been almost two months and Mr. Anderson have been good to me. He's really cool and he talks to students like they were his friends and he was really just funny.
After a long lecture in math, I collected my things and stood up, hanging my bag on my shoulder.

"Please remain after class Ms. Jauregui, we need to talk."
Mr. Anderson said without removing his gaze on the paper he was holding.
My friends and I shared a questioning look. That look, I believe, was a combination of mutual panic and shock. I nodded to them and they understood my signal so they all walked out the door and I walked up to where Mr. Anderson was sitting. "Uhm what do we need to talk about Mr. Anderson?" I said nervously, he never called me out after class and I didn't know what to expect.
"I know there's something going on with you," he said. "you're a bit off at class lately and your score for the test is not very impressive." He said, he seemed disappointed and concerned at the same time which made my heart sank.
"I'm sorry," I breathed. "it's just, there's a lot of things going on right now, I have family issues, the softball practice is making me crazy and other stuff." I explained.
That time, my mom and dad have been arguing a lot, papi was having trouble at work and I was so destructed lately about the softball team, we lost two games and the captain have been bitching around. She literally punished me for opposing to her suggestions by running four laps on the field while the whole team was watching and laughing at me.