Chapter 1- Green Eyes Rush

Camila's POV

Summer's one of my favorite seasons. I think everyone does. I get to go to the beach and soak my skin under the heat of the sun. And the best part? You don't have to deal with your stupid alarm clock and wake up trashy early in the morning to prepare for school and you don't need to meet your boring English teacher and get scolded in class and you don't have to study coz all you have to do is eat all the food in the kitchen and play with your bestfriends and family on the beach and not care about the world. Oh gosh whuut is life! So anyway...

For our family, Summer means going to our private island.

The Cabellos.

A respected family.

Grandad and grandma are one of the most successful business tycoons in the city.

They are Mexicans, my dad's parents.

They have big smiles, white teeth, long legs, fair skins.

Huge collections of jewelries and paintings.

Big ranch.

Horses.

My name's Camila Cabello.

I am one of them.

I love flower crowns and colorful sundresses.

I write songs and poems.

My abuelo said I'm the most beautiful girl for him.

My abuela loves me so much.

She said I will be the best singer in the world.

You see, everything seem perfect but it's not.

Let me tell you a story about the best yet the worst summer I have ever had. I know it's confusing. Messed up.

Isn't it ironic that a cautious girl like me found a love from someone who's dangerous and fearless?

I met a girl.

She's not just some girl.

She's totally the perfect person I was looking for a lover.

The only thing is...she doesn't love me back.

And so again, welcome to the beautiful family of the Cabellos.

"Camila, are you ready? We're leaving!" I heard my dad called out from the frontyard.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" I replied putting on my jacket and grabbed my bag. I locked the door and climbed in the car.

We drove to the harbor and our grandparents greeted us with their teethy grins. They leave in Atlanta and drive down to Miami during summer to spend it with us at the private island they called Isla Cabello. That's the only time we get to be with them for a longer time.

We rode the boat for about three hours from Miami beach.

I grew up doing that.

Staying in the island during summer with my family.

As the motorboat approach the family dock, I can see the main house on the highest point. It's one of the most expensive houses this family have. The main house does not look like a house to me to be honest, it's a five-story mansion with an elevator and an oversized rooftop infinity pool overlooking the whole sea.

We parked at the wooden dock.

Tiá Isabel and her husband Jack welcomed us. Tiá Isabel is dad's younger sister.