WHAT IF PRUSSIA DID WHAT ITS DESCENDANT WOULD DO?

Yep that's right, what would happen if Prussia annexed France? Now I already see your questions pouring in, what was Prussia? How could it take out France? Where's my phone? Why don't I have friends?. Well good for you I have the answers to all of them (except for the last one).

Before Germany existed, yes there was such a time, Prussia existed. It was a superpower (some would say stronger than Germany even). Later however it got into a battle with France, after Napoleon the second (yes there was a napoleon the second as well, a Walmart version you could say), along with some smaller German kingdoms Prussia pushed far into Paris and after the siege of Paris, France surrendered and lost a small amount of land to Prussia. This caused the kingdom of Prussia to unite with the small kingdoms and much to everyone's horror, the German empire was born on the 18th of January 1871. Also your phone is in your hand as your reading this through it.

Of course everyone knows what happened to this Germany after ww1 and how it was partitioned. However what if instead of taking a small chunk of land, Prussia went overboard an annexed France as well?

Let's look at 2 scenarios, firstly, what if the European nations stood against this annexation? (meaning these would be the nations who were against the creation of Germany). And secondly what if the world just accepted this new weird Prussian Kingdom?

Okay so first, what if the Europeans opposed the annexation, let's begin.

So the first change is that Prussia would just annex the smaller states in the beginning. For the sake of making this interesting let's say they also annex the Dutch.

24th August 1871, Paris has fallen and the Prussians have won the war. Prussian troops quickly annex the rest of the nation of france including Corsica. France is no more as their flag is burned and the flag of Prussia is raised in Paris and all the major cities.

The next day on the 25th of August the rest of the European nations finally get the news of how the king of Prussia Wilhelm the first and his top general Bismark annexed France. The reactions of the other kingdoms were mixed.

Firstly the British reaction. King Edward the 7th quickly ordered the Brisitsh fleet to protect the English Channel and sent in troops to annex all the French colonies under the excuse that the Prussians should not have them. Edward would also send a request to meet King Wilhelm and a request to leave France as quickly as possible, Wilhelm would accept the meeting request from his cousin but would not back down from France.

Along with Britian the Austro-Hungarian empire would also hate the Prussians even more, just 5 years ago emperor Franz Ferdinand had suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of Prussia, Ferdinand always thought the Prussian wanted to conquer all German speaking lands including Austria-Hungary and the annexation of the smaller German speaking states was further proof. Thus they would also send an ultimatum to back away from France and the smaller German kingdoms or else face war.

Than we would have the Tsardom of Russia. They would be overjoyed to see a powerful Prussia, the Russians had a great relation with the Prussians and a terrible relation with the British. This is why they would support the annexation and Tsar Alexander the second would send an invitation to his cousin king Wilhelm the first to his palace in Moscow for celebration (the kings of Germany, England and Russia were cousins, several generations of them were cousins including the last monarchs of Russia, Germany and England (the newer ones aren't related).

Along with Russia, another obvious lover of the Prussians would be the Ottomans. Sultan Abdul Aziz would sent his regards and would fully support the Prussians because they would be good allies against the much hated British, I would also like to believe the Ottomans would quickly take French controlled northern Algeria and Morocco as France wouldn't be able to stop them and thus the Ottomans would have a clear exit to the Atlantic.