WHAT IF THE UNITED STATES WEREN'T SO UNITED

Yep here we are with another somewhat bizarre scenario, what if the united states weren't so united, meaning what if the confederate States of America won, or what of there was no war in the first place. Let's find out with the help of 2 scenarios.

First let's look at what if the war was a stalemate.

Its July the 4th 1864 and General Ulessy Grant captures the mississipi river which was at the time the most important river for the confederates. However unknown to them a confederate army nearby engages them and manages to recapture the river which causes Grant to start a siege, thus he is unable to participate in capturing the confederates capital of Richmond.

This causes the capital to be free from any threat and so General Robert Lee takes a massive army of 700 soldiers and heads to Washington DC. he defeated several armies and reaches DC surrounding it and besieging it. However unbeknownst to the confederstes another army led by Abraham Lincoln himself (size 1500) was marching towards Richmond

Abraham was leading the army hoping to create a stalemate and end the war. He reaches the confederate capital in Richmond. He swerves across major confederate armies and before anyone realizes, he has surrounded Richmond.

Much to the pleasure of Abraham, the confederate president  Jefferson David would come out with an army of his own and right there they would sign the treaty of America.

This treaty would end all hostility immediately. The war would be a draw. The confederates would keep the states it had from Texas all the way to Florida. Meanwhile the United States would keep all the states that didn't leave the union. Moreover trade would be established between the 2 Nations and further expansion would mean equal division between North and South. This treaty was signed at that same day and was put into effect by next week.

Now several changes would be implemented. Firstly the states of South Carolina, Georgia, Missisipi, Texas, Alabama, Louisiana, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Arkansas would be now a part of the new Confederated states of America (CSA) . Moreover I personally believe that after taking in Alaska and Hawaii that the CSA would take Hawaii and take all the south including parts of California, New Mexico and Arizona as a part of the treaty.

This would infact completely block the united states from Mexico.

Here are the implications which would take place. Firstly I believe the USA's economy would be cut in half. The CSA and USA would have the same GDP but the United States would have a higher GDP per capita as there method of earning would be much higher as compared to slave trading.

This would have several changes in world history. Firstly the United States would not be as strong and would possibly not have the largest economy. The CSA may have strained relations with them.

The united states may have a stronger army however and in the future even have a stronger economy as other nations would start to move away from slave trading.

Maybe during ww1 and ww2 the CSA would fight the USA and side with Germany changing the course of history.

That would be if the war was a stalemate. Now we'll explore what would happen if the war never even happened.

So on 4th June 1840 the Confederated states of America gained their independence. However instead of the USA declaring war on them. Abraham Lincoln actually signed a peace treaty with Jefferson David.

The treaty would recognize the CSA as a legitimate country and would allow free trade between the two nations. Moreover the same currency would he used and no passport would be required thus creating a single nation in all but names. This would greatly benefit the CSA as that meant that nations like Great Britain and the Spanish who wanted to recognize and support them due to their cotton export, actually could without any fear. This also meant that nations like Russia and the Ottomans would hate both the USA and CSA as the CSA would be a major opponent in the cotton market and the USA would be there ally. This followed by Prussia, France, and Britain's love for the new nation would create a new sort of power balance in Europe leading to a different ww1 and ww2. The CSA and USA would exist as the EU does in the modern era, and they would probably work together in ww1 and ww2.

This would be greatly beneficial for both as the USA would not border the than hated Mexicans and the CSA would have free trade and actual political influence in the world. And who knows, perhaps together they both would become the world power as in our timeline.

However there would be some issues. Firstly the USA or CSA would be regional powers without each other as the US would rely on CSA cotton and the CSA on US oil. This would create a new power vaccume in the Americas which outside colonizers (cough Britain cough) would most likely make use of. Another issue would be that if even one of these two nations decide to betray the others than not only the Americas but the entire world could suffer the consequences. Imagine a civil war between these 2 Nations, except in the modern era where they would most likely have nukes. Yeah, wouldn't be as fun would it. Though I'd like to think they'd have really good relations, but that's just me.

Well there you have it. I hope you enjoyed reading and leave your suggestions for any other ending which could have happened here and if you want to give me a suggestion for an Alt history event feel, free to ask. Good day and Good bye!

(it should be known that this scenario is not meant to offend anyone, none of them are, I am aware there are different endings to this which could even be better but I find this ending suitable which is why I wrote it down, however you can change these in your own stories by taking mine and editing them only if you take permission.)