13-Ball Till We Fall

Sassy

Tonight just keeps gettin' betta and betta. I'm happy this happened 'cause they belong together. I can see that now. All the signs were there.

They scrambled to fix their clothes. All I could do was stare. I'm pretty sure Bryson was in just as big of a shock.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be at the party?" Don asked.

"Well, so the fuck are you. But you out here mackin' it in dark corners. I guess you had the same thought as us."

"We didn't want you to find out this way."

"Were you ever gonna tell us?"

"Yes! I swear."

"How long has this been goin' on?"

"Two years."

"Two years?! Two fuckin' years, Michael?" He better look ashamed. "Did you know about this?" I asked Bryson.

"We used to joke about it, but I thought that's all it was. Jokes. How could you not tell me? You guys are my best friends."

"I wasn't ready." Don said. "I didn't really know what this was. Like maybe I was just curious, but things got deeper and I still didn't know what I wanted to do so I asked him to keep quiet until I was."

"So are you gay or bisexual?"

"Bi."

"And you're okay with that, Mikey? With him always sleepin' with these hoe ass girls."

"No. Not at all. But what could I do? I couldn't force him to come out."

"Ard, I understand, I guess. So what now? Y'all just friends with benefits or whateva?"

"You nosy as shit you know that?" Michael said.

"Duh! Now answer the damn question misters."

"It's whatever you want." He told Don.

He looked at all of us like the answers were on our face. I understand how he's feelin'. He's comin' out to the whole world that only knows him as the playa who gets all the girls. This is tough for him. But he needs to know that he's not alone and that we're here for him.

"We'll be by your side y'know? We gotchu my nigga." I said.

"Thank you." He responded. "Bryson, you okay with this man?"

"Did you think I wouldn't be?"

"Yeah, actually."

"You should know me better than that, bro. I accepted Michael, why wouldn't I accept you too?"

"Is that a yes?" He was gettin' impatient.

"Yes man, damn! Do I need to spell it out for you?"

"Nope. That's all I needed." He let out a heavy breath.

"Good. So you guys are official now?"

"Yeah."

"Let's go party then."

The four of us went back to the party area. I wasn't mad that I didn't get any dick. I got something equally satisfying. My GBF got himself a man. Don betta not fuck this up or imma fuck him up.

The party was live AF. The people here knew how to throw down. Damn that makes me sound like an old head, but it's the truth. Every party I been to was hittin' and it was usually cause of these boys. No one paid us any mind as we walked in. We immediately went into the crowd of people and started dancin'. Rock Your Body started playin' everybody was singin'.