forgotten ╔ angst ╗

// leorio and kurapika get into a relationship expect unlike the other times, they don't get a happy ending //

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

leorio and kurapika had been friends for years, through thick and thin. but secretly, leorio had always harbored feelings for kurapika, deep ones that stayed untouched and not dealt with for years. he had never told anyone about his feelings, not even kurapika himself. but one day, as he and kurapika were sitting on a cliff overlooking a beautiful sunset, leorio decided to take a chance and pour his heart out to his best friend, knowing now was better then never.

he knew kurapika could leave at any moment, he didn't want to miss his chance, if he missed his opportunity he would probably never live with himself.

"kurapika," he said while his voice started trembling slightly, "i know this may come as a shock to you, buti love you."

kurapika's eyes widened in surprise, and he gasped out loud, "leorio this is... this is unexpected."

"i know, and i'm so sorry," leorio said hanging his head low while looking down the cliff, "but i couldn't keep it from you any longer. i've been struggling with these feelings for such a long time and i just needed to tell you, or else i would have regretted it."

kurapika remained silent, taking in the weight of leorio's confession, he let out another big sigh.

after a long moment, he finally spoke up, "leorio, you have nothing to apologize for because i love you too." leorio eyes blew wide open after hearing those small words coming from the small blonde man.

at that moment, a warm feeling washed over leorio after the shock had passed. he was filled with happiness and relief, and he was so glad that he had finally told kurapika the truth. they both leaned forward and shared a tender kiss, as the sun set in the distance.

"i think i've always known," kurapika whispered. "and i think i've always loved you too, from after we saved that man in the storm and knew who you truly were."

leorio smiled and brought kurapika into a warm, comforting embrace. "i love you so much, my sweet kurapika."

✦•············································•✦

leorio and kurapika were having the time of their lives, they had just arrived at their beachside vacation home and were ready to unwind after a long, stressful week at the hunter association.

they decided a much needed vacation was to come, after working so much and going on many adventures as a hunter.

they would smell the fresh ocean breeze of the shore, a drink in their hands and a smile on their faces, but leorio decided he was feeling a bit tired, "kurapika? is it alright if i can go to the beach house, we did to much today!" he whined for a moment before kurapika rolled his eyes playfully.

"yes that's alright leorio, i think i'll stay out a bit more, but don't worry i'll just be in the front of the house." leorio nodded and gave kurapika a quick kiss on his forehead, and made his way back to the cute little house.

everything was perfect and peaceful, until leorio heard a strange sound coming from outside their room. it was a familiar sound... the sound of a suitcase opening its mouth and swallowing something whole. leorio rushed outside to investigate, and he was horrified to see his husband, kurapika, being swallowed by the wicked suitcase!

leorio was frozen in shock, his heart sinking into his stomach. he could do nothing as he watched kurapika's body disappear into the suitcase's gaping mouth. his eyes filled with tears as he watched the suitcase slink away, kurapika's head still partially hanging out.

"no! kurapika! come back!"

but it was no use.

and so, the evil suitcase went on to terrorize the world, and leorio was left alone, wondering what he could have done differently, should he have persuaded kurapika to come in with him? or should he have stayed with him, never leaving his side.

as the sun set over the horizon, leorio stood alone on the beach, watching the waves crash against the shore, a few years had passed since that day, and he stayed on that island ever since.

he was haunted by the image of his beloved, kurapika, being eaten alive by that wicked suitcase. he couldn't help but feel a deep sense of guilt and anguish, if he had just been more careful, maybe he could have prevented kurapika's horrific death.

but time had passed and now it was a cold, dark night, and leorio was all alone in the forest of that island.

he had been walking for hours, trying to find his way back to the safety of civilization, tired of being alone but suddenly, behind him, he heard a rustling in the bushes. he froze in fear and turned around, only to come face to face with a shadowy figure, its features hidden in the darkness.

"don't be afraid, leorio," a sinister voice hissed from the shadows. "i am the suitcase that swallowed your husband, kurapika."

"i have come back to haunt you," the voice continued, its tone becoming even more sinister.

leorio stood frozen in fear, his heart pounding in his chest. he didn't know what to say or do.

"you won't be able to save yourself from your fate this time," the voice continued. "i will take your life, just as i took kurapika's life."

"no! i don't want to die!" screamed leorio, desperation and fear in his voice. "please, don't do this! please oh wise one! i'll do anything..."

"anything?" the voice asked, its tone taunting and menacing. "if you want to live, you must give me what kurapika couldn't give me, which was his love. you must show me that you truly care for me, or else i will rip out your heart and take my vengeance."

leorio's eyes widened in fear as he realized what the suitcase was asking him to do.

"please, i'm begging you!" screamed leorio, tears streaming down his face. "i can't do this! i can't give you the love that kurapika gave me!"

"then you shall die," the voice said, its tone growing colder and more menacing with each word.

with one swift motion, the suitcase swept out of the shadows and grabbed hold of leorio's heart. it squeezed and squeezed, until...

crunch!

leorio's heart was crushed in the suitcase's iron grip, and he collapsed onto the forest floor, dead.

in the years that followed, the evil suitcase went on to terrorize the world. but no matter how many victims it took, the suitcase could never be satisfied. it had lost its love, and none of those it took could fill the gaping hole in its heart. it would never be the same again.

and thus, the story of leorio and kurapika's tragic romance came to an end, now binded for the rest of eternity inside that precious suitcase.

✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

SMASH THAT LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE BUTTON FOR MORE!!

<3