Hidden treasure.....

"He knows me, Tom, he knows who I am..."

She collapsed into Tom's arms, sobbing almost hysterically, the tension suddenly released. Kieran looked at them as if he was watching something shocking. After a few seconds, he 'came to' and stood, quickly going to the reception desk and checking the computer. Rose stared across at the unfolding scene. She thought she'd recognised the woman but had been distracted by the sight of Tom. Now she was sure. It was Eve Winters, one of their most regular guests and she was hysterical.

"Is - is Miss Winters ok Boss?" she asked quietly as Kieran looked at the screen. He glanced up then down again .

"No Rose, I don't think she is and I think we have a part to play in helping her. I'm going to take them up to her usual suite. It's not booked out - can you block it off for today please? If we need it longer I'll let you know. I have a feeling something is very wrong. We don't seem to have the usual repeat booking for her, I think this might have something to do with that. Can you ask room service to send up some tea please? And maybe snacks. I think this might take a while."

Rose nodded, not taking her eyes off the unfolding drama. She looked round sheepishly when Kieran coughed discretely "Rose?" she turned and raised her shoulders in a kind of 'well it's a bit unusual' gesture. He looked back and then to her again, shrugging. "Let's face it, it's not the oddest thing we've had happen here - and we usually only get to see the aftermath!" With that he clicked the screen off and walked back over. Rose watched as he spoke to them and they stood, Eve between them, Tom helping her to the elevators to the side. She was no longer crying, but she was pale and Tom held her waist. Rose shook her head and lifted the phone to the kitchens. Poor woman, as if she hadn't had enough go wrong in her life already.

They stood in the small capsule in silence. Kieran studiously watching the digital readout for the floor numbers, Tom cuddling Eve in, whispering comfort into her hair as she stood, ashen and shocked. Before too long, they reached the top floor and exited out into the hallway. This was the executive level, with only a handful of their best suites. Walking to the end of the hall, Kieran used his manager's card to open the door and ushered them in.

"Please, come this way." he stepped aside as they entered. Eve raised her head and looked around, a feeling creeping into her consciousness. She squeezed Tom and then pulled away, wandering over to the window and looking out. Tom and Kieran waited, watched, held their breath.

Tom looked at Kieran and as Eve wandered around, looking at everything as if she hadn't seen it before, he spoke quietly.

"Eve had an accident, a head injury, before she met me. She has no memory of who she is and why she was here. She remembers nothing from age ten to waking up in hospital a few days ago. She'd been unconscious two weeks. We don't know what happened, we don't know if it's permanent and she has absolutely no clue about her life other than her first name and her age. " he paused and looked over at her. "I'm trying to help her piece it all back together. I'm the only link she has to anything in London, anything in her recent past at all. We came to see if you knew anything more."

Kieran was shocked and saddened. She was one of their favourite guests, always polite and friendly. Respectful to the staff and a model guest. Sometimes housekeeping wondered if she hovered over the bed to sleep she was so tidy! "Well, if there's anything we can do, anything at all..." Tom nodded and turned to Eve.

"Do you remember here love? Anything at all?"

"No. No I'm sorry I don't." she said sadly, "Have I been here before?" she held on to the back of the sofa in front of her as she asked, feeling her legs like jelly. Faced with the reality of her situation, this was far more traumatic than she had ever anticipated. Keep it together, she told herself, keep it together. Trying to, she concentrated on the feeling of the fabric beneath her fingers, the smell of the flowers from the vase on the side. The answer tested those details to the max.

"Yes, yes you have. Many times I'm afraid. Maybe this will help." Kieran stood and walked over to what turned out to be a locked closet. Taking a set of master keys from his pocket, he unlocked it. Inside were two suitcases and a couple of dress carriers. Louis Vuitton suitcases. He lifted them out and carried them to the table between them. As he placed them down, they could see they were, as many Louis Vuitton things were, custom monogrammed. These ones, to Eve - and Tom's - shock, had EW in gold letters embossed on the side.

"These are mine?" she was incredulous. "I have THESE? HERE?" her mind screamed at her. How? Why? What did this mean? Tom saw her rising panic and walked over, slipping an arm around her shoulders.

"Breathe love. Just breathe" he said, rubbing her arm gently. "Kieran? Do you have an explanation?"

Kieran nodded, "Yes, like many of our regular and highly valued guests, you leave them here for your visits. We launder the clothes, pack them and store them for you, ready for the next visit. The dress carriers are yours too." he stood back and gave her room.

She walked forwards and ran her hand over the leather, feeling the texture. Her fingers traced the initials and she looked at the cases carefully. As they watched, she seemed to go into a trance, just rubbing her fingers on the edge, murmuring. Something in the back of her mind was itching to get out. Jack Grant's words echoed in her head. Don't force it Eve, just let it happen. She took a breath, closing her eyes. Suddenly she opened them, the mental itch gone.

"I - I got these for my 21st Birthday." she said softly. "My parents gave me them." she looked up at the two men who now stared at her. "My parents..." before she could say anything else, the door opened and a member of staff entered with a trolley laden with tea and cake and sandwiches. Kieran stood and the waiter left.

"Maybe we should have some of this before we go any further?" he said looking at Eve. She nodded.

"Yes, I think we both need to hear what the other has to say, don't you?" Tom gently guided her to sit down. "Come on darling, I think this is going to be quite a conversation." he had NO idea just how right he was.