Chapter 19: Saying Goodbye

• Dedicated to To all of my fabulous readers! I love you all!

A/N Hey guys! So sadly the next chapter will be the last, I know I actually am feeling a little emotional here. This is officially my first finished book ever, well as of next chapter! So I am feeling extra happy. Like I have kept saying there will be a sequel and I hope you will all read it! Anyways lots of votes and comments please! I want to try to end this story with a bang! Thanks guys!

                                                                                                                                                Jo

Doctor’s POV

       I woke up to the sun streaming in through an open window and the spot next to me on the bed empty. “Electra are you awake already?” I called as I sat up and put on my shoes. I walked over to the window and looked out, the tree that was in the yard yesterday was gone, curious I grabbed my stuff and sent Electra a text asking where she was.

      I ran down the stairs and through the house, I went out into the yard to the spot the tree had been yesterday. I pulled out my sonic and was in the process of scanning the area when Clara came outside.

“Doctor its seven thirty in the morning, what are you doing out here? And where did the tree go?” She asked as she came and stood next to me, still dressed in her pajamas. “I don’t know but Electra is missing and the tree is missing, so that only leaves me one option.” I said as I looked at the sonic to read the results of the scan.

      “And what is that Doctor?” “That Electra’s TARDIS disguised itself as that tree and has been sitting here waiting for her to find her.” I said as I stormed back into the house and planted myself at the kitchen table. Clara came in and sat down next to me. “Look I am sure Electra will be back soon, in the meantime, I am going to take a bath.” Clara said as she stood up and walked out of the room.

     Electra’s Aunt and Uncle came in a few minutes later and I filled them in on the situation and they sat down at the table with me. By eight o’clock Clara was back and we all sat at the table in silence, right as the clock reached eight thirty a.m. Electra burst through the doors.

Electra’s POV

      I burst into the kitchen and there they all were looking at me. “Good morning everyone.” I said with a curt smile and nod. “Doctor, we need to talk.” I said as he nodded his head and followed me outside looking very solemn.

     “I see you found her.” The doctor said as he gestured to the tree sitting in the yard. “Yea I did, she is going through a remodel sequence right now.” I said as my shoes suddenly became very fascinating.

     “So what are you going to do then?” He asked me and I looked up. “Doctor do you remember back a few regenerations ago, you were sitting on a bridge overlooking the Thames, and a girl came and sat next to you and you gave her some advice?” I asked as I watched him waiting for an answer.

    “Yes I remember Lee was her name, lovely girl.” He said totally missing the point. “I was Lee.” I said sadly. “No you weren’t Electra.” He said quickly. “I’m sorry Doctor but yes I was. And I intend to follow the advice you gave that girl on the bridge.” I said sadly as he stared back at me in shock.

     “So your leaving then?” He asked “Yes, that’s about it.” I said as he nodded his head slowly. “Will I ever see you again?” He asked “Yes I am sure we will meet again someday, hopefully on better terms.” I said as I gave him a weak smile that he did not return.

     “You know that I will always love you and that I wish things could have been different, right?” He asked “Yes I know, and I love you too.” I said as the tears I had desperately been trying to hold back spilled over and I ran into his arms.

     We sat there for a few minutes and then we pulled apart. “Goodbye my love.” I said as I leaned in and kissed him gently on the lips. “Goodbye Electra.” He said as I walked slowly back to the house to say goodbye to Clara and my family.

    I stepped into the kitchen and everyone jumped up from the table. “Oh sweetie, please don’t leave again.” My Aunt Clarise said as she took me in her arms. “I’m sorry, I just need to get some things straightened out, I’ll be back don’t worry.” I said as I gave her a reassuring smile. Then I hugged my Uncle and turned to Clara.

      “You take care of him do you hear me?” I said as she nodded and we hugged each other. After everything we had been through these last few months, I considered Clara one of my closest friends. “You keep in touch you got it?” She asked and I gave a weak laugh. “Always my dear.” I said as I walked out of the kitchen again and out to my TARDIS.  I snapped my fingers and the doors swung open as I walked into my newly remodeled console room. I turned around quickly when I heard the Doctor’s voice behind me.

     “She looks as good as ever, you take care of yourself, and a little piece of advice… get a companion, there good for your health.” He said and I smiled. “I’ll keep that in mind.” I said as I started to turn. “Oh Electra, one more thing.” He said as I turned around again and felt his lips on mine. The kiss was by standards far too short, but it was amazing. “Goodbye.” He said as he walked out of the TARDIS and shut the door.

      I walked over to the console and started hitting switches pulling levers and pushing buttons and before I knew it the TARDIS was off, but not before I got one last look into the viewing screen and saw my family standing in the yard watching me go.

    When the TARDIS landed I walked over to the doors, and braced myself for the final goodbyes I needed to make before I disappeared for awhile. As I pushed open the doors, I knew it wasn’t going to be easy.

 A/N Next and final chapter will be up tomorrow! And the sequel will be up a few days after that! So excited!!!! Also check out the song off to the side! I think it describes Electra and the Doctor absolutely perfect! ALSO IN THE EXTERNAL LINK IS A PIC OF ELECTRA'S NEW TARDIS!!!!! CHECK IT OUT!!!!!