Chapter 16: Captain Who?

A/N So you can probably guess what happpens in this chapter by the title! But still I had to do this eventually! So 7 votes and 4 comments till the next chapter! Enjoy guys!

                                                                                                                                             Jo

Electra’s POV

         I shot daggers at the back of River’s head as I watched her head down the hall towards the Doctor’s room. When she was finally gone I pulled myself away and walked down the halls to the console room. I pushed open the TARDIS doors and stormed out into the cold London night air. I looked around for a bit and then just started walking to nowhere in particular. If they left me what did I care, the only reason I ever wanted to see the Doctor ever again was so I could prove to River that I could win him back.

    This was about more than just me and him now, it was about who was the better woman, who did he really love. I was ripped from my thoughts as a little orb of glowing yellow light shot past me and down the alley I was walking in. I turned around and looked back the way I had come, and saw a man running frantically down the alley towards me, he had a helmet on his head, so I couldn’t see his face, but he was wearing what looked to be like a civil war era captains jacket.

      He slammed on the brakes when he saw me and whipped out a helmet from under his arm. “Put this on your head if you want to live.” He said as he handed me the helmet. “What why? Who are you?” I asked as I tucked the helmet under my arm and followed him, he had out a machine and appeared to be scanning the area for something, I was assuming it was that little orb of yellow light I had seen shoot past me.

     “Captain Jack Harkness, Torchwood.” He said as he continued to scan the area. I pulled out my sonic and began to do the same. “Whoa wait! How do you have a sonic screwdriver?” Harkness asked as he stared at the device. “I made it, question is how do you know what it is?” I asked him as he shut his device looked and reaching up taking off his helmet.

      He was very handsome with dark hair and blue eyes, that were now staring at me with enough curiosity and distrust to rival the Doctor’s. “I know what a sonic screwdriver is because I have met the Doctor.” Harkness said as he began to walk towards me. “Now I don’t think you told me your name.” He said as he came to a stop no more than a foot from me.

     “My name.” I said with emphasis, “Is Electra and how in the world do you know the one pain in the ass I really don’t want to hear about right now?” I asked as I cleared the distance between us and tilted my head upwards so I was staring him down.

     “Oh feisty are we? And why is he a pain in your tight little ass?” Harkness asked as he looked over my shoulder and down at my butt. “Hey! Wise guy! Eyes up here!” I said as I grabbed his chin and turned his face back to look at me.

    “And he is a pain in my ass because he left me for that horrible woman, while I was adrift in space for pity’s sake!” I said as I broke his gaze and turned around.  “Wait what do you mean he left you? Who are you really Electra?” He asked as he came up to me and touched my shoulder.

    I took a deep breath before answering him, I had no reason to tell him all of this, but I knew for some reason that I could trust him. “I am, was, the Doctor’s wife.” I said sadly as I felt two strong hands grab my shoulders and turn me around.

     “How in the world are you his…?” Harkness began and all of a sudden he leaned down and pressed the side of his head against my chest. “Hey! What in the..?” I yelled as I reacted and my knee made contact with his… I am not explaining that.