Chapter 4: Electra Meets Mr. Washington

A/N Hey Guys! I know a lot of you are doing exams right now. I am too! Hope they are all going well, I know they suck and all but we have to do them! Luckily for me though I only have one more year of this then I'm free! Anyway, hope you all enjoy this chapter, and dont worry, it will not be boring, because well this is a Doctor Who fanfic, and the Doctor never meets historical figures that turn out to be normal. So have I succeeded in wetting your taste buds? I hope so, anyway enjoy chapter 4! Oh and btw, I do not own Doctor Who, I only own Electra and any of the other characters I may create in this story!

                                                                                                                      Jo

       Doctor’s POV

            “Electra come on wait a minute! Clara isn’t dressed for the 1700’s!” I yelled as Electra finally slammed on the brakes and turned around. “Fine! I’ll come back! But I’m not dressing for the 1700’s! Worst era for fashion ever!” Electra said still stomping back towards the TARDIS

     “I really don’t care if people think you’re a prostitute. But Clara is my companion.” “Oh really you don’t care if your own wife looks like a prostitute? Hey! I don’t look like a prostitute!” “First of all, its ex-wife” I said as I turned around to face her while Clara ran off towards the costume room. “And second of all, I don’t think you look like a prostitute but most people in the 18th century will.” Electra stuck her tongue out at me and I rolled my eyes.

     “You are such a child sometimes!” I said crossing my arms, at this statement Electra started laughing, and it wasn’t just a laugh, it was one of her. ‘I’ve never seen anything so funny in my life laughs’ I watched as she looked at me and roared with laughter for another minute finally she calmed down. “I am such a child sometimes?” She asked trying to sound serious but still looking incredibly amused.

     “How about you are such a child sometimes.” I was just about to offer a rebuttal when Clara appeared dressed in very 18th century clothes, as she tried to navigate the stairs in her many layers of clothing, I watched as Electra rolled her eyes and gave me the ‘Dummy go help her’ look. Realizing that she was not in the mood for me to tick her off any more that I already had I quickly ran up the stairs and helped Clara finish navigating them. “Thank you Doctor, I was worried I wouldn’t make it down in one piece. My gosh! 18th century clothes are uncomfortable.” Electra let out a ‘pfft!’ and walked out the door again.

      “Electra wait up! I called after her to no avail. “Come on Doctor get her back were never going to be able to keep up with her.” “I know Clara, just give me a minute.” “Is she always this determined?” “Yes, she’s just really anxious now because she’s been trapped for a couple hundred years. Oh! I know how to get her back.” “How?”

     I looked down at Clara and smiled “Allehandra Lee-Anne Matthews! Get back here this instant!” I hollered. And then winced as Electra whipped around looking very cross. “What did you call me?” “You heard me, get back here and keep pace with us.”

     “You know how much I hate my earth name!” “I know Lee just get over here.” I watched as Electra stormed back towards us looking more cross by the second, she hated the earth name her human Mother had given her more than anything, which is why she took the name Electra as soon as she arrived on Gallifrey.

      “What does she mean by earth name?” Clara asked looking very confused and uncomfortable in that stupid dress. “Her Mother was from earth, so when Electra was born they gave her a human name and she’s always hated it.” “Oh okay I see, kinda.” “I’m sure all will be explained to you sooner or later, but you’re going to have to ask Electra about her past, not me.” Clara gave me a look that made me think I had just asked her to swim with hungry sharks. I quickly turned as I realized that Electra was fast approaching and I was unprepared.