Chapter 5: Life in the 18th Century.

A/N Okay so I had a little trouble with the title of this chapter. And I'm really not happy with it but what are you gonna do? Can't always have everything perfect I suppose! Anyway while I'm writing this wattpad is having some serious technical issues so.... you know how annoying that is! Anyway hope you like this chapter!

                                                                                                                            Jo

Electra’s POV

            After discussing a few things with General Washington for about an hour. He told us that he would take us to an inn nearby, and also asked if we would join him for dinner. We readily accepted and as we started off towards the inn the Doctor grabbed my hand again re-establishing the psychic link between us.

     “Why are you back in my head?” I asked very annoyed as I sensed his presence in my head again. “because I like it in here, very busy, lots of things going on.” I rolled my eyes, he’s still a pain. “That’s because I share my life with you!” I said still very cross that he was wandering around in my brain. “Oh hostile I see. Fine I’ll leave now.” And with that the connection between us was broken and I was left with my own thoughts once again.

      We finally reached the small inn where we would be staying, General Washington went to arrange rooms for us while we made our way to the dining room and sat down. As General Washington walked towards us I couldn’t help but think there was something off about him, something almost not quite human. I couldn’t put my finger on it though.

    “Well your quarters have all been arranged for the evening.” Said the General as he sat back down.  A few minutes later our orders were taken, turns out there aren’t many options in the 18th century, and we were all sitting discussing happier topics.

    “So Doctor, how long have you and your lovely wife been married?” Washington asked, clearly curious. “Five months!” I quickly announced, since I was the best liar in the room. I took the Doctor’s hand and kissed it. “Marrying him was the best decision I ever made.”

     The Doctor put his arm around my shoulders smiling flirtatiously and playing along as he kissed my cheek. “That’s right five months of wedded bliss, apart from being chased out of England.” The Doctor said smiling at Washington now. This comment made the General laugh, “I can imagine! And you Miss Clara, how long have you been the Doctor’s assistant?” “Uhhh two years.” Clara smiled politely at General Washington who returned the gesture.

      After dinner we sat and talked for a little while but then Washington stood up very suddenly and spoke. “I really must be getting back to my men. Thank you for the wonderful evening. I will make sure someone show you to your rooms.” Washington said as the Doctor stood up and Washington bowed to me and Clara and shook the Doctor’s hand. “I certainly hope we will see you again sir.” The Doctor said almost serious. “I am sure you will my good sir. Now I bid you goodnight.” Washington bowed again, turned and walked out of the room.

    A few minutes later a small man appeared and told us that he was to show us to our rooms. We followed him up some stairs and stopped at a door he unlocked it handed Clara the key and then pushed me and the Doctor further down the hall leaving Clara to enter the room alone. Three doors down he stopped again and unlocked the door before us handing the key to the Doctor and shooting us a wink. I pushed open the door and inside was a very nice room, with a single bed in the center a few chairs and a lit fireplace off to the side. I walked in and sat down on the bed clearly uncomfortable about the predicament me and the Doctor were in.

     “What’s the matter?” He asked sitting down next to me on the bed. “Uhhh you don’t know? Look around, were in the same room with one bed, and people don’t expect us to leave.” I said clearly annoyed. “Awww come on Electra! We did this all the time before we were married.” “But I wasn’t in love with you then.” I protested as I stood up and walked over to the fireplace.

Doctor’s POV

      She was standing by the fireplace looking annoyed and uncomfortable. I didn’t know what to do, she was right about the sleeping thing. We were both still attracted to each other, we both knew it, and we also both knew that I couldn’t betray my current wife. I sighed as I watched her facing the fireplace, I knew she was going to leave soon, for good, if I didn’t do something. The stress was getting to her.

    “Is there anything I can do to make it better between us?” I asked hoping that she wouldn’t bite my head off for asking. She turned around and smiled her sexiest smile. “Hmmm I don’t know?” She said putting her finger to her chin, “Is there?” She winked at me and smiled again, as she walked over and started to walk in a slow circle around me one hand on her hip the other on her chin. I felt my throat get tight as I watched her circle me, this was her way of showing me that she could still make me nervous. I swallowed realizing how dry my mouth had become.

Electra’s POV

      I watched as he swallowed nervously, I smirked knowing I was getting to him. I reached out my hand and ran my fingers through his hair, grinning micheviously, I finished running my fingers through his hair and stopped right in front of him. Still grinning I caressed my fingers gently down his face and winked at him. Feeling incredibly satisfied when goosebumps appeared on his skin. I was almost finished teasing him, only one thing left to do I reached up on my tip-toes and lightly brushed his lips against mine, feeling the electricity run down my spine as I did so.

    I pulled back and started to walk away, when a hand reached out and turned me back around forcefully. I looked up and came face to face with the Doctor, who was grinning now. He grabbed the back of my neck with his free hand and pulled his lips to mine. I closed my eyes, and moaned as he ran his tongue over my bottom lip. I twisted my arm free and ran my hands up his chest and wrapped them around his neck pulling out bodies closer together. I felt his hands run down my back and come to rest gently on my hips. Just as I was about to deepen the kiss further, he pulled back and grinned again. “You didn’t think only you can play this game? Right Electra?” He said as he went and layed down on the bed.

     “I’m going to sleep with Clara.” I announced as I grabbed my jacket and left the room. Slamming the door behind me. I walked down the hall to Clara’s room and knocked, I heard a quiet ‘Who is it?’ and answered “It’s Electra, can I come in?” “Yea sure.” I opened the door and quietly walked into the darkened room.

Doctor’s POV

        I let out a sigh of relief as Electra left the room in huff. I thought I could handle kissing her to make her uncomfortable, get her back for teasing me. But I couldn’t I tried to remain calm and cool as I went and layed down on the bed, but inside I wasn’t, inside I was a wreck of emotions. “Blimey!” I said as I stood up and ran my hand through my hair. I had enjoyed that kiss far too much, I was married to River I had to remember that! I took my jacket off and threw it over a chair, as I stormed back over to the bed and layed back down. I needed to relax, but I couldn’t not after that kiss! I layed on the bed twiddling my thumbs and muttering under my breath trying to relax and take my mind off of anything that had to do with Electra. Eventually I drifted off to sleep.

Electra’s POV

     I stumbled over to where the bed was dimly illuminated in the soft moonlight. As I plopped down on the bed I heard Clara say “I was wondering how long it was going to take you to show up.” “Yea well I cannot live with him.” I announced as I layed down next to her on the bed.

      “You did for over a hundred years you know.” “That was different Clara.” I said with a sigh. “Well now that you’re here, why don’t you tell me your story.” Clara said rolling over and propping herself up on her elbow. I turned my head towards her as I spoke. “Why would you want to hear about me?” “Because you look like you have a story.” I sighed again, she wasn’t going to give this up until I told her, so I might as well get it over with. “Okay where do you want me to start?” “With your parents, they sound interesting.” “Oh they were trust me.” I said with s smile as I readjusted myself on the uncomfortable bed and began my tale.

Hey all! So I know I have been horrible at updating lately, and I am terribly sorry! But I finally updated it so no need to fear I havent dissaapeared or anything!