Chapter 3: Babes with blades

Krystal's POV:

I woke up and stretched as the sound of my annoying alarm blared. I yawn and put my mask on and head to the bathroom. I see that Konig is already up and is sitting at the dining room table.

"Good morning Konig"

Konig: "Good morning Krystal"

Although he also wore a mask I could tell he was smiling while he said this and that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. After using the bathroom I come out to the kitchen and begin making some coffee.

"Care for some coffee?"

Konig:"Y-yes I would love some."

Konig's POV:

I studied her movements as she prepared the coffee and grabbed the mugs from the cupboard. No matter what it was she did my eyes were glued to her. The way she moved was so graceful and soft.

I couldn't stand the silence so I spoke to her as she made the coffee.

"How'd you sleep?"

Krystal: "I could've slept better if I'm being honest but it wasn't a terrible nights sleep so I can't complain too much."

"You have a nice positive outlook on things even when they aren't ideal. I like that about you. It's a very admirable trait to have."

Krystal: "Oh! Th-thank you."

I could tell my heart felt compliment made her smile. She poured me my cup of coffee and placed the cream and sugar on the table for us to put in.

"So I was wondering... will I ever get to see your face?"

She chuckled to herself.

Krystal: "That I am unsure about if I'm being honest. I mean hell since we are room mates we are probably bound to accidentally catch a glimpse of one another maskless so only time will tell."

"Well what if I were to willingly show you my face first?"

Krystal: "I don't think so. At least not yet, and don't even think about showing me yours without warning because then you're gonna expect me to show mine and you're gonna feel real silly when I don't do the same."

She had a point so I dropped the subject for now. I looked at the time and realized our daily training was starting soon. We both went our separate ways into our rooms and got dressed and when we were done we walked to where everyone else was to prepare for todays training. We looked at the board and read that todays training was knife throwing practice

Krystal's POV:

I cheered as I read that today is knife throwing. I take off my backpack and set it down and wave Konig over to show him my knife collection. I had knives of every color. Konig seemed impressed with my collection

Konig: "I'm guessing this is your specialty huh?"

"Indeed it is. Here wanna use mine instead of the ones they are providing with us here?"

Konig: "Sure which ones am I allowed to use?"

"Whatever one you'd like."

He picked up 2 blue throwing knives and I picked up 2 pink throwing knives.

"Good choice."

Konig's POV:

"Is there a certain technique to do when throwing?"

Krystal: "Okay so point your hand so that you know for sure that the knife will spin vertically and not horizontally and when you're ready to throw just flick your wrist forward, don't put your whole arm into it. Just a small but sturdy flick of the wrist so it stays steady and straight. Got it?"