Chapter 1: A Masked Meeting

Narrator:

König glanced at the new recruit curiously from across the room when he noticed that she was also a mask wearer like himself only difference being that her mask was a black one that went around her ears and covered her nose and mouth. He quickly looked away in fear that he might get caught. He didn't want the new recruit to think he was a creep with a staring problem however there was just something about her that mesmerized him making it hard to break his gaze.

Krystal's POV:

I wore my headphones that were blasting with music as I unpacked my things. I was new and shy and was unsure how people would react to me always having a mask on that I wasn't ready to tell others my reasoning for doing so. Looking up I see my room mate who I had yet to introduce myself to staring at me. Normally this would make me uncomfortable as I was afraid the staring would be out of judgement of me always wearing a mask but seeing as he was also a fellow mask wearer it out my mind at ease. I gave a small wave and went back to unpacking my things.

Narrator:

König was clearly curious and interested in the woman but didn't want to invade her personal space nor make her uncomfortable. He sat looking out a window from his chair in silence before looking back in her general direction. He hoped she didn't notice him staring at her but those hopes went away as she had finally looked up and she had waved at him.

Konig POV:

I thought to myself

"Shit she noticed"

I awkwardly waved back and then rubbed the back of my head and looked away embarrassed as I realized I had been caught.

I thought to myself again

"I hope I didn't make her uncomfortable."

Krystal's POV:

I decided to break the awkward silence that filled the room beyond the sound of my headphones in my ears. I slid them down to my neck before speaking to him.

"Um hey, I uh dig the mask."

Konig: "Oh! Um thank you, I like yours as well."

"Thank you. So what's your name?"

Konig: "It's Konig. What's yours?"

"My name? Oh it's Krystal. With a K"

Konig: "Krystal? That's a lovely name."

I blushed and looked away and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Th-Thank you."

Konig: "Well it's nice to meet you."

"Likewise."

I put my headphones back on as I had finished unpacking all my things and placing them in their place. I grabbed one of my books and went to my bedroom but had left the door open and laid down to read and listen to music. My music wasn't too loud so my quiet alone time had been interrupted by a small noise on the open door to my room. I look up and see it's Konig.

"Yes?"

Konig: "I um I just wanted to tell you that I think you're really pretty."

He looked to the ground.

I was shocked because since wearing the mask I had never been told I was beautiful. Before I had started wearing it compliments weren't a strange concept to me so this took me by pleasant surprise.

"Oh um thanks I appreciate it."

My cheeks had become flushed red and it was visible to below my eyes since my cheeks were covered by my mask. Konig fidgeted with his gloves and then asked

Konig POV:

"Would you possibly want to go out tonight? Not as a date or anything but just to get to know each other since we are room mates and all?"

Krystal: "I would honestly love that."

My eyes lit up as I was anticipating rejection, a wave of relief came over me when hearing those words.

Krystal: "Wanna head out in like the next hour perhaps?"

"Yeah that sounds perfect.

Krystal: "Great, I'm gonna start getting ready now so I'm gonna head to the shower now if that's alright okay? See you in a bit."