Part 7

Carlos was nervous seeing Iris again, initially she slapped him but then hugged him and offered free coffee. "So let me guess your here about a divorce," "We just want to get it done and forget about it we're going to have our hands full soon," "So who is this mystery lover?" "TK Strand a firefighter from New York who became a paramedic down here," "Is he hot?" "Smoking," "Lets see," Carlos searched his camera roll to find a sweet one from recently from the gender reveal actually he still had pink confetti in his hair, "Dam whats with the confetti?" "We were just at a party," "So when am I meeting him? I'm not going to sign the papers unless I know he's a good person," "I'll call him might be able to come over tonight." Carlos turned to call TK who accepted saying he can start cooking spaghetti bolognese there and then, "Yep how's spaghetti bolognese?" "Fine with me, see you tonight." Carlos came home with a non alcoholic wine and chocolate for TK as an apology for throwing this all on him, the good stuff too.

"Right baby can you watch the food so I can shower and put something more decent that still fits on can I steal one of your bigger pairs of jeans?" "Go ahead T I don't mind," after about three different shirt changes TK returned to see Carlos finishing off the dinner, "Baby you'll want to get that!" Carlos turned to TK to remind him about the no filter, "Iris hi," Carlos smiled opening the door happily, "Just in time dinners ready," "TK's new to cooking so this is something to marvel at," Carlos laughed as TK walked into view, "Nice to meet you Iris," "Your pregnant is this what you mean by hands full," "Oh um," "A mix of everything really," holy cow it got awkward fast. When Iris left with the divorce papers TK had already started planning to talk to her on his own.

Next day TK found himself driving over to Iris's shelter seeking an explanation on what happened, "Hey Iris can we talk?" "Only if you can keep up," she smiled getting stuck in, "Why didn't you sign the divorce papers?" "Because signing divorce papers means there was an actual marriage when there wasn't one, no I think we should get an annulment the marriage was never real even though I'm a beta if it was real he would have marked me, nope that belongs to you as it should. You shouldn't be his second marriage TK you should be his first," "Wow that is actually a good idea," "Yeah Carlos is always in need of a project, he's always after some kind of bird with a broken ring," "Is that what you think I am to him," "No your more than that your his life's work," "All though it's weird I feel a lot better," "Blame the hormones omega and pregnant, can I?" She asked, "Go ahead she's kicking up a storm in there, just learnt how to. I've always liked the idea of naming her after someone close to both me and Carlos I'm going to put Iris in the running," "As long as she isn't a Gemini," a long winded conversation ensued that ended in plenty of hugs and a giddy TK.

TK sat scrolling Instagram on the sofa, he was admittedly pouting a little as Carlos talked about dinner, "Whats up?" Carlos asked finally twigging the hostility, he pushed TK's legs up onto the sofa so he can sit down, "Am I just a project for you Carlos, am I just a bird with a broken wing. When you married Iris did you think you could fix her," "TK I've told you Iris didn't show any signs of her mental illness. When I married Iris I was the one who needed fixing," "So you don't think I'm a hot mess?" "Oh your a hot mess but your my hot mess. Baby back me up here," Carlos smiled kissing TK on the head. To there surprised Carlos's phone rang, "Hello?" "Officer Reyes we found your wife's car under a bridge is this normal for her," "Yes she works with the homeless," "We found divorce papers in her car would she have a reason to be distressed," "Not that I know of, I'll be right there," Carlos turned his phone off sliding it in his pocket and headed out the door.

TK was worried as baby was kicking more than often, "Easy does it baby, papa will be home soon." It was strange, the whole evening was strange. Carlos came through the door at 23:45 of the same evening, "Everything okay, did you find Iris?" "No afraid not," TK just knew what Carlos was feeling, admittedly he didn't know if Iris was a beta or an omega but that didn't matter TK was Carlos's omega mated and pregnant and Carlos needed him, "I hope we find her soon," Carlos buried his head in TK's neck desperately seeking the comfort of him.

Promptly as expected Detective Meredith Grier knocked on the door, "Officer Reyes I'm here to ask you and your fiancé about Iris?" "Yeah hang on let me get him, hey TK," he called, "Gimme a second," he called, Carlos just inhaled TK's intoxicating smell a definite help, he emerged his shirt undone and t-shirt poking through, don't worry he had trousers on, "Oh congratulations on the soon arrival," Grier smiled eagerly trying to ease tension, "The last time you saw Iris did she seem off, distressed in anyway?" "No TK your better at reading people," "She was at ease, happy, admittedly had no filter but meant no malice she even hugged me," "What are you talking about," "I went to see her yesterday I told you this," "So you confronted her about the divorce papers," "Yes but thats not what went down," "So what did happen," TK searched for support but Carlos was distancing himself, "I went in there asked about the papers, she said she wouldn't sign divorce papers. She told me you should get an annulment, she offered so much comfort in just a few words. Carlos?" He asked as the other man stood up to get his stuff, "You went to see her, I told you you should just give her space," "But we got answers Carlos! She told me she was glad I went to see her," "You should have just listened to me," he had picked up his keys and a bag, "Where are you going?!" "I have a shift," "Yeah in 2 hours," "I'm starting early."

He was gone out of the door, TK sat down cradling his bump, "I'm sorry I can that I'm no longer welcome," "Sorry detective where are my manners would you like a tea or coffee?" "I can make the tea," she smiled going to their kitchen. Grier returned with two steaming cups of tea, "Thank you," "Is Officer Reyes always like this?" "No he's just upset about Iris they were best friends in high school and I worked with her older sister Carlos's other best friend Michelle," tears were in the corners of his eyes, "TK does he hurt you?" She straight up asked, "No no lord no, he would never my job would mean it would never happen. Lord no my last relationship was though," "Don't mean to be rude but it explains a lot," "Thanks for staying," "Of course you needed someone just as much as the next person," "I should let you get on your way, thanks again and so sorry about him he's really worried about Iris," "It happens, thanks for the tea," pleasant goodbyes said Detective Grier left leaving TK alone to head into work.