Chapter 12

"Nothing is more capable of troubling our reason, and consuming our health, than secret notions of jealousy in solitude"- Aphra Behn

Lucy and her friends walked the hall of the school laughing and chatting as usual. The boys began arguing and fighting amongst themselves irritating the girls a bit.

"That's all they ever do" Levy said.

"Fight and ruin our good time" Erza said fighting the urge to run over to them and beat them with her binder.

Juvia nodded agreeing with them, "Sometimes I think we should just hang out without them" she added.

"That's it! Let's do that today, a new cake shop opened and I've been dying to go" Erza said with finality. 

The girls knew they couldn't argue with her and handed planned to since they were all excited.

They all split up and went their classes. 

After school Natsu and Lucy walked to the gymnasium. Before he opened the door she told him she'd be hanging out with the girls at the mall. Of course Natsu didn't want her to go but it wasn't exactly his place to tell her she couldn't go.

He watched as she walked through the school doors before getting ready for practice.

Lucy walked towards Erza's car where the girls were waiting for her.

"I'm surprised he let you go so easily" Erza commented as they all piled into the car.

They drove off, as they were driving past the middle school they saw Wendy sitting on the steps. Knowing that Natsu wouldn't be done with practice any time soon she asked Erza to stop the car to pick Wendy up. She texted Natsu to inform him that his sister was with them.

Once they arrived at the mall they went into every store that they could, forgetting that they had come just for cake.

"Lucy-nee isn't this cute?" Wendy asked showing Lucy a blue sweatshirt with flowers on it.

Lucy nodded before bringing it to the cashier with their other items to cash them.

They visited a number of stores before finally settling down in the cake shop. They all ordered a slice of their favourite cakes, everyone except Erza who ordered an entire cake and another to go, and tea.

Lucy excused herself to go to the bathroom and headed to the food court area where the bathrooms were. As she turned to enter she felt hands grab a hold of her. A chloroformed cloth was placed over her mouth knocking her out within seconds.

She was grabbed and taken to the stairwell that was conveniently beside the bathroom.

"That was surprisingly easy" The female said to her lackeys.

There were two men with her, both were bulky and had their faces were covered. They assumed it would be difficult to grab the girl in such a crowded place but it wasn't. They had eyes on her since she had left school.

They followed close by the group watching intently waiting for an opening. When Lucy decided to head to the bathroom they took their chance after noting that the area was a bit empty. Nobody noticed anything and they were glad.

One of the men looked down at the unconscious girl on the ground. He wondered what a sweet looking girl like her could've done to upset their employer. He shook his head, he wasn't getting paid for sympathy so he didn't ponder any longer.

He picked her up and threw her over his shoulder. The three of them ran down the flights of stairs to get to the parking lot. He got in the back of a white van with their hostage while his employer and fellow employee sat up front.