Chapter 9

Lucy woke up in pain. Her entire body ached. She felt a wetness; she knew it could only be one thing. Her period was hers, and she had probably bled all over Natsu's sheets (she did).

She tried getting up to go to the bathroom, but the pain was so bad she couldn't move. She had to force herself not to cry out so she wouldn't wake the boy sleeping next to her.

She managed to place one foot on the ground before slowly standing up. Then a wave of pain hit her, sending her to the ground. She fell with a thud, adding more pain to the amount she already had.

"Luce," she heard Natsu call out. She cursed herself silently for waking Natsu.

"I'm okay," she struggled to say. She clutched her stomach while groaning in pain. 

Natsu was quickly by her side, kneeling down, and asking what was wrong. Lucy couldn't answer him, though; whenever she opened her mouth, only whimpers came out.

Natsu figured out that it must be her period.

The pain was getting too much for her. She couldn't focus on her surroundings anymore; her eyes were clouded over. She heard footsteps running to the bathroom, then the sound of running water. She heard him run back to her before being lifted off the ground.

The warmth that radiated off of him dulled the pain until she was placed to sit on the toilet seat, then all the pain rushed back. Noticing her discomfort, Natsu picked her back up and sat on the toilet seat with her in his lap, not minding her blood-stained pants.

Lucy sighed in relief when the pain lessened. Her mind became clearer, and the sound of running water was still very present. She looked around and saw Natsu's tub filling up with water.

"You're running a bath for me?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah, I thought it might help," he replied.

"Thank you," she said, resting her head on his chest.

Once the tub was filled, Natsu left Lucy in the bathroom to get in the bath. She quickly undressed before the pain got worse. 

She stayed in the bath till the water got cold. She got out, wrapped herself in a towel, and exited the bathroom. She noticed that Natsu's sheets had been changed, but there was no sign of Natsu. 

The door creaked open, making her snap her head towards it.

"Oh, you're out already. I got you some clothes and those pad things," Natsu said, walking towards her. She thanked him, took the things, and headed back to the bathroom.

Once she was done, she opened the door and saw Natsu standing there with painkillers and a glass of water in his hands. She took the pills and went back to bed.

It was only 5 a.m., so Natsu got back in bed with her. He didn't get too close, not sure if she would be okay with that or not. Surprisingly, Lucy wrapped her arms around him and laid her head on his chest. The two fell back asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours passed, and now everyone (except Natsu and Lucy) was gathered downstairs, waiting for Grandeeny to be done with breakfast.

"Where is Natsu?" Lisanna asked, noticing that her 'future husband' wasn't here.

"They're most likely still sleeping," Mavis replied, reminding Lisanna that he and Lucy were sleeping in the same bed, angering Lisanna a bit.

'How can she say that so casually as if he isn't cheating on me?!' Lisanna thought angrily.

Breakfast was ready. While everyone was eating, Natsu waltzed in, grabbed two plates, and placed food on both.