Chapter 11

Mavis and Zeref decided to take the day for themselves and have a couples day out. Lucy had offered to babysit and practically pushed them out the house telling them to go have fun.

It was only Lucy, Natsu, Wendy and August left in the house. It was around noon when Grandeeny sent Lucy a shopping list.

"Why'd she sent it to you and not me?" Natsu asked looking over Lucy's shoulder.

"Because she can't trust a dimwit like you" Wendy answered not taking her eyes away from her phone.

Natsu rolled his eyes and shoved her off the couch.

August cooed from his swing. 

"Natsu, can you take me to the supermarket?" Lucy asked.

"Yeah sure" 

Natsu went upstairs to grab his keys. Lucy grabbed the baby carrier and her purse. She strapped August onto her.

"You coming?" Lucy asked Wendy who declined.

Natsu came back downstairs and then they got in the car. Lucy sat in the backseat with August.

They got to the supermarket and Natsu grabbed a cart. While Natsu pushed the cart Lucy placed the things in the cart. While in the store they bumped into Lisanna and her sister Mirajane.

Upon seeing each other the atmosphere turned awkward, well for Lucy. Natsu and Lisanna felt angry. Natsu angry because out of all the people he could have bumped into he bumped into Lisanna, who almost ruined the possibility of his future relationship. 

Lisanna was angry because of what she was seeing. She was sure the stunt she pulled last night would've pushed Lucy away from Natsu but that clearly wasn't the case.

"Hey guys" Mirajane greeted cheerfully breaking the silence among them. Lucy and Natsu greeted her back.

"And who's this cutie?" She asked smiling down at August who smiled back.

"My nephew" Natsu answered.

August began to get fussy not enjoying being in a baby carrier. Lucy took him out of it and had Natsu take it off of her. August calmed down immediately.

"You're so good with him, I always knew you'd be motherly" Mira added. Lucy blushed at the compliment while Natsu voiced his agreement making Lisanna roll her eyes. 'I'm more motherly than that' 

Lisanna stepped forward and tried tickling August who got fussy again once she touched him. Lisanna pulled her hand back and he calmed down.

Natsu grinned, 'Kid's got a good sense of character' he thought laughing to himself.

Mirajane stood staring at Natsu and Lucy, she along with everyone else thought they were a good match for each other. She loved teasing them or Lucy specifically since Natsu wasn't bothered by her comments.

"Wow he looks so much like you two. If I hadn't known any better I would've thought he was yours. I'm sure there's gonna be some more lookalikes running around in the next 5 years or so" She said.

Lucy's face turned red once she realized what Mira was implying. Mira giggled seeing her reaction and noting that neither she nor Natsu tried to deny it. 

Lisanna felt irritated by her sister's comments. How dare she say something like that when she was gonna be the one having his children. 

"Sis, we gotta go" Lisanna said, the annoyance in her tone was heard by everyone.

Mira tickled August before saying bye to Lucy and Natsu.

Natsu and Lucy got back to their shopping.

Once they got home Lucy put August down for a nap while Natsu unpacked the groceries.