Chapter 8

"Oh my gosh, this is so cute."

"And they say they aren't dating."

"Mavis, send the pictures you took in the family group chat."

"Sure thing, Grandeeny, make sure to send the ones you took too."

"If only we had decided to have an arranged marriage for them."

"No, dad, just no."

"They're going to get married anyway so why not?"

"I can't wait till Layla gets these."

The flashing light and constant chatter woke Lucy up. The blonde opened her eyes and found the entire Dragneel family staring down at her. She noticed that Wendy was already dressed in her school uniform. She looked at the clock. Her eyes widened; it was 8:15, 15 minutes before classes started.

She got up quickly, moving past Zeref, who was holding a now-awake August, and went to her room to brush her teeth and change her clothes. Once she got to the bathroom, she noticed the bags under her eyes.

Natsu felt Lucy get up and wake up. He figured that Lucy would want to go to school, so he hurried to the bathroom. 

It was 8:25 when they rushed out of the house. They hurriedly got into the car and sped down the long driveway. They dropped Wendy off at her building before speeding off to their own.

Once the car was parked, Lucy opened the door and ran to the entrance of the school, and Natsu followed suit after locking up the car. They ran to their first class of the day; Natsu and Lucy ran inside the class. Startling everyone.

They were panting and looked exhausted. "We are so sorry for being late." Lucy apologized to the teacher. Mr. Macao smiled reassuringly. "It's ok, please just take your seats," he said.

Natsu grabbed Lucy's hand, pulling her to the back of the classroom, where they usually sat. He could feel the eyes of everyone on them but ignored them. 

Once they sat down, Natsu placed his head on the desk and went to sleep, while Lucy took out her notebook to take notes. Both of them were extremely tired, but Lucy refused to fall asleep in class, worried she might miss something important.

This is how the day went Natsu slept while Lucy would stay up taking notes in their classes, despite how tired she was. When lunch time rolled around, Lucy decided not to eat and to just sleep. Natsu ate something before sleeping as well.

Their friends were worried but didn't ask about it. 

The bell rang, frightening Lucy awake, and Natsu only woke up once Lucy shook him.

Natsu slept through all his classes for the day, only waking up to go to another class when one was over and walking Lucy to her literature class.

School had ended. Natsu had basketball practice, and the boy was bursting with energy. Lucy, on the other hand, looked as if she would collapse at any moment. This was to be expected, of course. Natsu slept most of the day, while Lucy didn't.

Natsu didn't want Lucy to leave by herself after what happened last time, and he told the blonde to try and get some rest on the bleachers while he practiced. The blonde didn't complain; she too was fearful of leaving his side.

He gave her his bookbag to lay on, and he covered her legs with his jacket so that nobody could peek up her skirt. The blonde quickly fell asleep, not hearing the shouts of the boys. An hour later, when the team was taking a break, Natsu went and sat beside where Lucy's head lay.

"Are you guys finished?" The blonde asked quietly, still not fully awake. Natsu looked down at her and smiled, finding her absolutely adorable.

"We aren't done yet, but we will be soon. Just hang tight, okay, Lucy?" He replied. The blonde nodded her head. Natsu took out his phone, searching for something, before speaking again.