Only Ashes Remain (Dust's Full Backstory)

ORIGINAL STORY LINK: https://www.wattpad.com/story/348145645-only-ashes-remain

ACT 1

TIMELINE 1

222TH RESET

THE JUDGEMENT HALL

The birds fluttered through the air.

The false moonlight shined through the windows.

At the end start of the hall.

Stood two individuals, with violent intent, ready to brawl.

"So..."

"I have to ask..."

"How long have we been doing this? It feels like an eternity already," Dust said, smirking maniacally as he chuckled.

"...Heh, you see I've already lost count, I think it's quite fair that you tell me, after all... All of this was your doing, so you should know, right?" Dust spoke as he pointed at The Human.

"So... your still quiet as ever, despite what you witnessed," Dust said in disappointment as he lowered his finger.

"I've probably said this before... but genuinely, burn in hell already," Dust spoke in a cold tone as he raised his arm, summoning two Gaster Blasters which then fired at The Human who swiftly dodged the attack, however just as they did they were suddenly grabbed by Sans' Blue Magic as he swung The Human into one of their Gaster Blasters as it devoured The Human whole before Dust self-destructed his own Gaster Blaster as boney parts flew away in the air as it then disappeared into dust...

Dust suddenly returned to his original position as he saw the glowing star he was all too familiar with from afar, and as it settled what came out of it was The Human, completely uninjured.

"That's the look of someone who's died twice already," Dust spoke as his maniacal grin grew ever so wider as he opened his mouth, he didn't have a tongue to stick out, however, The Human knew that Dust was mocking them.

"Come, what are you standing there for? This is all a game to you, right? Don't tell me you've already quit, it wouldn't be so satisfying to lose to a mere game right?" Dust spoke taunting The Human, who fell for it as they dashed towards Dust at high speeds, gripping their knife with inhumane strength.

As The Human slashed towards Dust's way, they immediately stepped out of the way, with the slash missing them, The Human was now in front of Dust still stuck in the position of them dashing, Dust used this opportunity to summon a bone, piercing The Human through their heart as they then died, the bone disappeared as their body fell to the floor...

"...I may not be as strong as they are, obviously... I lost that ambition long ago once I realized it..."

"But, they're so easy to trigger... Like a spoiled brat who doesn't get what they want..."

Dust returned to his original position as The Human came from the yellow light yet again as it settled.

"And what they want is for me to completely break,"

"...I won't allow that... No, it will be far from that..."

"It'll be the opposite,"

As Dust and The Human faced each other once more, Dust's stare of hatred in the previous resets was no longer, it was a stare of amusement, like a visitor watching a caged lion that can do nothing to them, and yet simultaneously, the lion could kill them if they wanted to.