Chapter 13: Why do you even care?

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Um.." I thought about saying no, but I saw Trevor walking by and staring at us, probably wondering what's going on. "Sure, Devin. I'd love to," I said as I hugged him. Trevor looked extremely jealous and quickly walked away. Revenge is sweet.

~*~

It was the last class of the school day and I was day-dreaming, as usual. Too bad that all I could think about was Trevor. *sigh* The bell rang signaling that school was over. It startled me so much that I fell out of my seat and onto the floor. This always happens to me! Luckily nobody saw it because they were all too busy trying to leave.

I sighed and someone crouched down next to me and helped me pick up my stuff. I looked up and into Devin's perfect green eyes. Why the hell is he being nice to me?! After we were done, he held out his hand and help me up and smiled at me.

"Thank you," I said shyly.

"No problem," he chuckled. "You fall a lot. Maybe you're falling for me." He winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up and let's go to my house."

"Chill! I was just kidding. Let's stop at my locker first."

I nodded in agreement. "Okay, good because I have to go to mine too."

~*~

After quickly stopping at our lockers, we headed to the art room. Devin grabbed some of his stuff and left. We began walking out of the school doors. Trevor saw us together and glared at Devin. I grabbed Devin's hand and we continued walking. I bumped Trevor's shoulder on purpose and Devin and I continued walking to my house.

"So where do you live?"

"About two blocks from here," I replied.

"Are we there yet?"

"Devin, don't start."

"Devin don't start."

"Are you mocking me?" I hate when people mock me.

"I would greatly appreciate it if you'd stop."

"Delilah is the best and most amazing person in the world."

"Are we there yet?!"

I groaned. "Devin, we have only walked one block. So shut up before I leave you here."

He put his hands up in defense. "Sorry."

We walked the rest of the way in silence and walked onto the porch. My keys weren't in my pocket, so I silently began freaking out. I took off my backpack and was relieved to see that they were there. I put them out and smiled. Wow I am such an idiot. I turned my head and saw that Devin was staring at me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You're just really beautiful."

I blushed. "Thanks," I said awkwardly as I opened the door.

My mom ran into the living room where Devin and I were standing. She jumped on me and tackled me in attempt to hug me or something. I really don't know. I let out a loud scream. I heard Devin laughing. Jerk.

"Mom! What the heck is wrong with you?!"

She stood up and helped me up. "I'm just happy to finally see someone. Tracy's at work and Connor drove to a friend's house. I guess he knows people here."