Chapter 8: Just go with it...

Hi. Read this story...or not. (please do)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I never crush on anyone...ever.

                                                                  ~*~

Soon enough, Trevor and I were outside of the door to my house. I almost didn't want him to leave. Ew, I've turned into such a girl. You ARE a girl, stupid. I really hate that voice inside of my head sometimes. I looked down and noticed that Trevor had both of my hands in his. We stared intently into each other's eyes for a few seconds and then I broke the eye contact.

"Do you want to come inside for a bit?" I asked before I could stop myself.

Why did you ask that Delilah? He probably doesn't even like you. This wasn't a date either. He was just being nice.  Oh how I wish it was a date. Wait, no I don't! Yes, I do. Ughh. Why did I have to-

"Sure," Trevor said with a big smile, cutting off my thoughts.

Wait, Trevor wanted to spend more time with me? So does that mean that, he likes me? No, maybe he just wants to be nice or maybe he just sees you as a friend. I hope he at least sees me as a friend.

"Are we going to go in?" Trevor asked.

"Huh?"

"You were just staring at me without saying a word."

"Was I? I'm sorry," I said with a nervous laugh.

I pulled my key out of my pocket and opened the door. I grabbed his wrist and led him inside. I pulled him up the stairs and into my room and shut the door. I sat on my bed and he sat in my desk chair. We both stared at each other. I guess neither of us could think of anything to say. Things just got awkward.

"So..." I said breaking the silence.

"Are you starting school on Monday? You know, since it's March and...yeah."

I nodded. "Yeah, but I really don't want to. I don't know how to handle being the new girl."

"You'll be fine! You're pretty and sweet and smart. I bet you'll make lots of friends. Maybe get a boyfriend or two and forget all about me."

I blushed. "Trevor, I could never forget you! And I never really have much luck finding friends. I literally had no friends at school back home. Connor was my only friend and I was also bullied."

"Why would anyone bully you? I hate bullies!" Trevor said as he flipped his perfect hair. I smiled. "What school are you going to anyway?"

"I always forget the name. It's like two blocks south from here."

Trevor gasped. "That's the school I go to!"

Well things just got better. "Really? That's awesome!"

"I'm so-" My phone ringing cut Trevor off.

I saw that it was Connor and decided that I should probably answer it.

"It's Connor. I'll put it on speaker," I told Trevor. I hit answer. "Hi Connor."

"Delilah, I just want to know what happened," Connor replied.

"It doesn't matter anymore. Trevor came over and apologized," I said.

"Well that's good then," Connor replied sounding relieved.

"He also declared his love and proposed to me. The ring's a real diamond and we're getting married as soon as we're 18," I told Connor. Trevor's eyes grew wide. I mouthed 'Just go with it' to Trevor.